Memories of the Tuluki

Started by deathkamon, September 27, 2015, 08:01:54 PM

I had fun interacting with Talius when I played Hurlen-da Kurac.  I always thought I was gonna get the half-giant D from one of you templars, eventually, haha.  There's a few neat things about the interaction with Talius that I couldn't post here because of their sensitive nature, but it was definitely fun!
Where it will go

Talius died in my stump's arms as he struggled to get him to a healer after another grand adventure. 

I remember watching Sargaent Niall almost get killed by two silt worms or silt horrors, while we were in the middle of a super secret contract. A Templar used the fireball spell to save him and someone remarked on the irony of the Highlord's power having saved the Tuluki. (Remember me, I was the runner who shouted "Krath, there's two of them!")

It was dujats.  I didn't know what they were, because it was so dark and stormy, until one of them tried to bash him and missed.  That's the time I couldn't remember my PC's name to call out for help because he was so new.  My brain seized on the name of the previous PC and froze there!  I was yelling Help me!  like a newb, and hoping someone would catch his northern accent in all the spam.  He very nearly died over a stupid thing like me not remembering his name under dire stress.

Fun times, man.

Quote from: Erythil on September 28, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
Fighting in Soh territory with an icy shield and flaming sword was probably not the best way to enamor himself to the templarate.

Or the Soh.

I have so many good memories from Tuluk. The booze was good, the sex was plenty and the hunting was dynamite. The last year of it was the best once the Templarate was overhauled and you could actually do things w.o getting you're head blown up like scanners.

Raleris  aka "One-eye the Wise", as my SLK called him, was my favorite. Consistent in every regard. Everytime I logged in and saw him I felt we -all- won Armageddon.

For those who joined the 'f-Tuluk' camp and refused to play there, you really missed out in the last few months. Shit was going into God-Mode before the plot-twist...

The staff also, in the end, was amazing. Yeah.

Tuluk was awesome.
Czar of City Elves.

I once was playing the NPC Kul, the head of the Jihaen order, probably about 10 years ago.  It was during some big HRPT and Kul was giving some speech or something at the gates in front of a ton of players.  Right before I started, Nessalin joked around saying "you should  have Kul accidentally drop a corpse in front of everyone then pretend like it was a mistake".  He wasn't serious.  But I did it, and it was pretty funny dropping the body, saying something in-character like "woops, not sure where that came from", then picking it back up.

I played:

Aon Scipianus Uaptal - the last Jihaen.

Author of the Fall of the House Uaptal.

He writ their legacy in ink and blood.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on October 07, 2015, 06:41:11 PM
I played:

Aon - the last Jihaen. Snorvellus Tor

fixed that for you
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I played:

I remember him and his weird sense of humor around commoners or at least a certain one.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

October 08, 2015, 10:07:22 AM #59 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:14:49 AM by manonfire
I played:

I played Ardamas Dasari, the wizened, wispy-bearded man. Anytime we'd hang out, there'd be vast stretches of silence between my response and yours.

I should've known it was you  :D

Some other notables:

Mianar, the athletic, vividly-inked woman. Legion Sergeant, modeled her after Mr. Charrington from 1984.

Shay, the scruffy, grey-streaked man. Pickpocket, secured a partisanship with Raleris. Partnered with another sneakie (his sister), stole basically everything in Tuluk that wasn't nailed down.

I played:

I enjoyed Faithful Lord Aon a lot.  Every time Torri, my dwarf legionnaire, was around him, a good time was had. 

I played Elithan Winrothol.  The first Jihaen PC after the liberation.

I started him in 2002.
He was finally stored in 2009.

Some fun facts about him:

He was gay and celibate.  This was always a fun things to roleplay whenever some noble woman would try to use their wiles on him.  A noblewoman once proposed marriage to him, and he laughed in her face.

One time during the gith war, he became so angry with Samos that he marched into the southern campaign alone, demanded to speak with Samos.  When he found out Samos wasn't there yet, he took an old man nap in his bed.  Samos and Elithan became literal pen pals sometime after that.

Elithan has three in game monuments dedicated to him.  Two statues and one mural.  One of them is still visit-able by PCs (sorta)!  Only one of them Elithan had commissioned, the other two were surprises.

Elithan killed Gage Gritshaw.

man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

October 11, 2015, 07:11:42 PM #62 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:13:48 PM by Bushranger
If Mesmer Dasari were still active he would have had a new song by now!

Red Storm lyrics:

Yeah Yeah Yeah
Red Storm, Uh, Uh
Silt Beach, Bringing the heat
Haha, can y'all feel that?
Wiggle it out, yeah!

Here I am in the place where I come let go
Red Storm is the place where the sunset's glow
Everyday like a festival, everybody party all day
No work, all play, Okay!

So we sip a little spice ale, leave the rest to spill
Me and Mirau at the bar, running up a high bill
Nothing less than ill, when we dressed to kill
Every time the ladies pass, they be like (Hi Mesmer)

Can y'all feel me, all ages and races
Real sweet faces
Every different nation,
Elvish, Dwarfish, Human and Halfling

I only came for two days of playing
But everytime I come I always wind up staying
This the type of village I could spend a few days in
Red Storm the village that keeps the spice blazing
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on October 11, 2015, 07:11:42 PM
If Mesmer Dasari were still active he would have had a new song by now!

Red Storm lyrics:

Yeah Yeah Yeah
Red Storm, Uh, Uh
Silt Beach, Bringing the heat
Haha, can y'all feel that?
Wiggle it out, yeah!

Here I am in the place where I come let go
Red Storm is the place where the sunset's glow
Everyday like a festival, everybody party all day
No work, all play, Okay!

So we sip a little spice ale, leave the rest to spill
Me and Mirau at the bar, running up a high bill
Nothing less than ill, when we dressed to kill
Every time the ladies pass, they be like (Hi Mesmer)

Can y'all feel me, all ages and races
Real sweet faces
Every different nation,
Elvish, Dwarfish, Human and Halfling

I only came for two days of playing
But everytime I come I always wind up staying
This the type of village I could spend a few days in
Red Storm the village that keeps the spice blazing

We need to record a Zalanthan rap on the TS channel. This could be made into a masterpiece.

October 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM #64 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:24:34 AM by Is Friday
I played Umyska Salarr, trueborn Tuluki who didn't give a shit about patriotism. She had a social outlook similar to a Communist's with party power. She was higher up the ladder than the scrubs and havenots and wanted them to know it. Lots of indies/nobodies were abused by her.

She got onto the good side (supposedly) of a couple of Templars to the point where one had a girlcrush on Umy. Somewhere there's a horse named "Umyska", I guess.

She accidentally got her cousin killed while trying to take the reins on a last minute RPT. People assumed she killed him on purpose. Whoops.

Some Kadian Second/First Hunter got himself killed in the forest so Umy did the "good thing" and returned all his things to another Kadian. Pretty sure they assumed she killed him when really she's just a Good Samaritan. (She secretly felt vindicated because said named Kadian had scoffed at her a few days prior to this for something I can't remember.)

Some elf in Tembo's Tooth once talked shit so she said "fuck that" and went to knock him out. He drew, so she had to draw. He died. Think she was 1d played there. Legion cleaned up the mess.

She was one of those DGAF GMH leaders that preferred to talk straight business and wasn't big on niceties. She rubbed a bunch of people the wrong way.

I was pretty happy with the opportunity to play in the bardic circle with her (she was an Apprentice Groot). I thoroughly enjoyed the private bard-type RP with Aizhou and Primly.

She once stole a Legionnaire's weapons for fucking with one of her hunters and didn't get into any trouble for it. I think she gave them back eventually. Anyway, that particular soldier had his career ruined for this-and-that, to include some prodding by Umy to particular Templars. She always pretended to like him, though, and be a shoulder to cry on during his incredible misfortunes.

In order to get into her crew you had to solve a series of riddles and tasks. More than one person raged over it, demanding to be hired "because". At one point a tribal dwarf nobody decided to talk shit back to her so she tracked him through the Grey Forest and killed him in front of his giant friend. She then talked the giant friend down from fighting her and convinced him to "make better friends". Said named giant left the room any time Umy walked in from then on.

She had a Shadow Artist girlfriend who was a Winrothol aide. She combat trained this girlfriend on the side as a favor to Raleris. Turns out said named girlfriend was a Shadow Artist (surprise) and Umy didn't know for 2 years. Girlfriend asks Umy to help her kill another bard apprentice for a contract. Umy agrees. The whole thing gets botched and convoluted, girlfriend has to chase the mark down, ends up killing her -- Templar McRoboCop Badass shows up and interrogates Umy. Umy is terrified because it's not the Templar that likes her and would probably kill her if he felt inclined. Umy ends up getting away with half-truthing a Tuluki Templar in "not being involved". Shadow Artist girlfriend gets a slap on the wrist and a piss poor review for the semi-public strangling of the bard victim.

Umy is once told by a certain AoD Sergeant to "stop packing sand into Certain-Aide's cunt" over the Way.

Umy dies in the Allanaki Arena to a Borsail mul gladiator after doubling down in a risky attempt to sell some armor. If she had won, sales would have been through the roof. Oh well. Contrary to public opinion, going into the Arena had nothing to do with "saving" the Tuluki prisoners. The leader NPC girl was pretty hot, though.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM

Umy is once told by a certain AoD Sergeant to "stop packing sand into Certain-Aide's cunt" over the Way.

I was a lieutenant by that point.