Mudsex Hate Cycle Thread

Started by Is Friday, July 19, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

Quote from: Jeshin OR on July 22, 2015, 02:14:13 AM
I live with someone who  stopped playing ARM because everyone they were assigned to watch was just mudsexing all the time. I think she broke inside. Thus I am confident MUDsex is alive and well and not ruining the game for anyone ....

Wat.

July 22, 2015, 02:24:56 AM #126 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:41:25 AM by Jeshin OR
Well except the person I live with... Listen I am tired and I was out drinking.  :-X

I like how this discussion isn't really about how it makes you a good player, or whether it's good roleplay, or whether it should be allowed, or anything like that. The main focus seems to be on whether it makes you a loser. On whether pretending to have detailed sex in a game where you're otherwise pretending to play a fantasy person makes you a loser.

Quote from: ibusoe on July 22, 2015, 01:14:45 AM
Quote from: In Dreams on July 21, 2015, 03:17:20 PM
I'm not really trying to discuss anyone's preferences on the female form or gender stereotyping (what?), I was more referring to science's take on the matter, which is pretty clear: people notice boobs. Google will probably help you there if you're really that curious, but there's been plenty of studies.

Your problem is you're trying to apply logic and reason.  These kids are millenials, bro.  Logic and reason interests them less than yelling at the top of their lungs or attempting to drag unwilling people into gender politics.
Please don't try to confused them with reasoning, or science. 
They're completely convinced that whatever version of gender roles that Dan Savage is advocating this week are completely correct, and if you happen to disagree with that it's because you're a Republican homophobe.  Get with the times, you misogynist! 

Quote from: Mordiggian on July 22, 2015, 05:33:28 AM
Did we need a second thread on this?

Yes. The other one is flooded with people who insult you for not putting enough breasts in your mdesc.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I should mention breasts in an mdesc sometime because they're pretty cool.

No more than one line please.

Please.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on July 22, 2015, 08:52:42 PM
No more than one line please.

Please.

What if you're playing a mutant with three, and they're all different and distinct shapes? I don't think I could fit all that into one line.

July 22, 2015, 09:13:10 PM #133 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:14:46 PM by Jeshin OR
This is the desc editor line width (I believe)
==================================================
Possessing of a three set of breasts: plump, perk, and withered were each in turn

EDIT - It's changing length from editor to post. That is perhaps 1 character over the limit to kick it onto a new line or exactly the limit. I can't tell which.

Quote from: Jeshin OR on July 22, 2015, 09:13:10 PM
This is the desc editor line width (I believe)
==================================================
Possessing of a three set of breasts: plump, perk, and withered were each in turn

EDIT - It's changing length from editor to post. That is perhaps 1 character over the limit to kick it onto a new line or exactly the limit. I can't tell which.

*golfclap*

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 22, 2015, 05:15:37 AM
I like how this discussion isn't really about how it makes you a good player, or whether it's good roleplay, or whether it should be allowed, or anything like that. The main focus seems to be on whether it makes you a loser. On whether pretending to have detailed sex in a game where you're otherwise pretending to play a fantasy person makes you a loser.

My thoughts exactly. Which is funny. Which is why I made the tongue in cheek joke about judging people for mudsexing is like judging people for playing a text based fantasy game about killing and corrupting people. Because by assuming everyone has to get off to mudsex, you also assume everyone who kills and corrupts is somehow a person on the border of a murderous psychotic break of some sort? Silly, the lot of this.  ;)

I'm not going to bother reading this whole thread, also, I'm not going to pretend I don't enjoy mudsex, and I'm not going to try to play it cool and say I don't run off to fap later. What I will say, is it feels great when there's a person you can so comfortably RP with that you can either fade a scene, or really condense it down, so you can go straight from the foreplay to the cuddling, but for both players to feel comfortable DOING that and knowing exactly where each character is positioned, well, you have to go through the motions, more than once. I mean, I don't think it should be a life-goal to describe sex as realistically as possible, but if you don't go through with it at some point or other, ok, we faded a scene, where the hell are we now? I have trouble enjoying that kind of RP, it's like fumbling about in the dark for your keys. If you don't go through the motions, you have to figure out, through OOC channels, oh, ok, this character doesn't particularly like this particular position, how are two players supposed to coordinate the buildup and end result of these interactions without actually playing them out and feeling out the other character?

If you fade the scene constantly, how do you figure out that tressy-tressed f-me aide magicker not only has a cock, but is also a dominant sadist? In the end you're like, ooc ftb? Then you emote puffing on a spice tube like "Was it gud 4 u bb?" like some kind of chump when there's a lot more depth to the character, their mentality, and physical makeup. Sorry, if you don't play out a scene with a character, it's impossible to know.

I'm gonna admit here that I mostly only read sdescs and the main reason I use look is to see if there are any clan uniform markers. Yep. I'm that player. If my PC is attracted to your PC it's probably because that PC has an awesome personality, because I probably.. don't actually know what you look like. Sorry. :(

That really kind of just makes me wonder, if you're the person reading descriptions looking for boob descs because science (which, the science of looking at boobs irl and the science of reading through a desc looking for boobs are probably not the same, hence), do you specifically read the whole desc, read until you see boobs, or scan specifically for boobs? Cause if you're doing the last one, some people will probably think you're creepy. Just saying.

I'm pro people doing what they like consensually. If that leads to OOC pair-bonding, good for you guys, but watch out for people not being their characters and please get a second and third opinion on said OOC pair-bonding. I've heard some genuine horror stories come out of this kind of thing :(

For me personally, I find it hard/awkward to OOCly shut down mudsex if I get into the situation, so I will generally go through with it. I also tend to find mudsex itself hard/awkward to write. I like RPing through everything because the development is in the details and I really dislike using OOC when I don't need to. So generally to avoid any said awkwardness, what I tend to do is write romance-averse PCs. Then any romantically-inclined PCs need to jump through 10 hoops, at which point they are usually worth doing this for from both an IC and an OOC point of view. (Yeah... I have... commitment issues!)

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

haha, context

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The Duck would be one of those who typo during mudsex. Gawd.

Favorite romance in game so far is still the one that didn't have any sex at all; can only recall a couple of instances of OOC and one of them was "afk I think something in my town just blew up" (it was a propane tank).  Sorry Shal.

I tend to be more uncomfortable dancing around consent than doing anything that requires consent, so I always ask what other people would like to do whenever a situation seems to be heading across the PG-13/X-Rated line. My worry then is whether I'm inadvertently conveying an expectation of full consent to the other person. People shouldn't feel that they have to consent to anything they don't feel comfortable to. If you ask for details to be toned down or just faded and the other player objects to that, that other player has problems.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 23, 2015, 01:53:33 PM
The Duck would be one of those who typo during mudsex. Gawd.

Favorite romance in game so far is still the one that didn't have any sex at all; can only recall a couple of instances of OOC and one of them was "afk I think something in my town just blew up" (it was a propane tank).  Sorry Shal.

Don't be. My favorite romance was my Nenyuk with a Templar and we faded every time, she got knocked up and had a baby named Oasis Nenyuk who is definitely dead by now. Heh. Romance ain't got shit to do with sex!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

July 23, 2015, 05:01:51 PM #143 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:03:54 PM by Kismetic
Quote from: aeglaeca on July 23, 2015, 03:57:32 AM
(Yeah... I have... commitment issues!)

The last person I was seeing semi-seriously for a few months showed up to my house one day with a couple shirts she'd bought for me.  I told her I was gonna be pretty busy (I was, to be fair), and I haven't seen her in months.  If anyone can relate to this, it's me.

I don't seem to have that problem IG, though.  I guess it may be that , when considering the handful of deep relationships I've had in RL where I had learned so much about myself, applying that to a game where there is no risk of emotional loss seems prudent.  In fact, all of my long-lived heroes have all had at least one romance that I used as a tool to shape the character.

Of course, this has nothing to do with mudsex.  There are cooler things you can do on the game, and fading is a gift.

I totally don't have mudsex, but when I do, I don't let an internet forum know.

I don't know, all my characters are meant to be living, breathing beings with needs and desires, right? There's rules in the documents to promote that, right (or did I misread?)? I'm supposed to be delving into a character, and not living some action-movie dream with a two-dimensional cardboard cut-out whose whole background relates to his sword focus, correct? What am I supposed to be doing here, I suppose, is the real question, and why is it important?

Of all the replies in this thread I have read, Metekillot's is my favorite (sorry buddy) because he seems to actually bring up some of the preconceived notions that are frequently encountered IG.

Quote from: Kismetic on July 23, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
Quote from: aeglaeca on July 23, 2015, 03:57:32 AM
(Yeah... I have... commitment issues!)

The last person I was seeing semi-seriously for a few months showed up to my house one day with a couple shirts she'd bought for me.  I told her I was gonna be pretty busy (I was, to be fair), and I haven't seen her in months.  If anyone can relate to this, it's me.

I don't seem to have that problem IG, though.  I guess it may be that , when considering the handful of deep relationships I've had in RL where I had learned so much about myself, applying that to a game where there is no risk of emotional loss seems prudent.  In fact, all of my long-lived heroes have all had at least one romance that I used as a tool to shape the character.

Of course, this has nothing to do with mudsex.  There are cooler things you can do on the game, and fading is a gift.

I think for me the limits help with that. There are some distances that other people will not be able to breach. Like the finite amount of time online. The fact that they're not have a relationship with me, but a fictional character. Also the fact that either my or their character is due to die any minute really helps. Everyone knows this isn't going to be a fifty year deal.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 23, 2015, 01:23:45 PM

I like to think I'm prettier than the average date.   :D

More nasty too.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Quote from: Synthesis on July 21, 2015, 12:38:49 AM
i just browse xhamster while my inix is resting

Synthesis ... I missed you.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 23, 2015, 09:57:39 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on July 21, 2015, 12:38:49 AM
i just browse xhamster while my inix is resting

Synthesis ... I missed you.

mushashi I missed -you-.
Best
Fade
Evah

Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.