Mudsex Hate Cycle Thread

Started by Is Friday, July 19, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

Can we move on to the Magicker part of the hate cycle? It's more interesting.

Me on a typical Friday evening, enjoying some wine and Armageddon. #boredhousewife #mudsexhours #fme #dontjudgeme

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

You know, I just realized, maybe the stereotypical housewife likes it because it requires less attention. You just bang in an emote every couple minutes while you're distracted with the baby puking and the toddler trying to poke a fork into a light socket. Well that and because anything is better than being bored. #onlysortoftongueincheek

Quote from: Delirium on July 21, 2015, 09:14:59 AM
You know, I just realized, maybe the stereotypical housewife likes it because it requires less attention. You just bang in an emote every couple minutes while you're distracted with the baby puking and the toddler trying to poke a fork into a light socket. Well that and because anything is better than being bored. #onlysortoftongueincheek

As a bored housewife, you may be on to something.

Also... sex as a weapon is a lot more dangerous when you're actually experiencing the sex. It does for me at least.

My pc breaks up with yours because you faded? It wasn't because I wanted to get myself off to smut. It was because I can't imagine more than the vaguest details of what their actual sexual dynamic and chemistry is, as a player, to judge what my character's response would be. The only sensible response is 'they were unremarkable' as to how the two personally fit together on that level. Then again, if my pc is going to be tortured (or torturing someone else), I want to play that out as well in detail, because otherwise I don't know the gruesome details for how it affects the character. I'd rather you just kill my pc than do a bunch of faded torture stuff, because of course the torture is going to leave them with some level of ptsd about it, and I won't know what the specific triggers would be if it's faded.

It's funny. I like detail in the roleplay, or else the roleplay is something I pass up. I'm also less likely to have an interest in involvement with your pc if they aren't perceptibly hemoting, because I can't read their body language/attention/tics as well. It's just less input to go off of.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

I used to mudsex an unseemly amount. Never jacked it while doing so, but I did "get off". Sort of like how I laughed really hard at something funny IG, or cried when something super sad happened, or got enraged while my character got enraged, or thrilled by an adventure. The immersion and passion transports you. It's the point of playing the game.

I can understand why some would be squicked by it, though, for various reasons. Fades are just fine in my book, and often expedient. I just wanted to point out that one can be a fucknasty mudsexxxer and not be doing it for wank material.

Also, as a member of a RL Arm couple, I just want to say for the record that I never mudsexed my lovely wife before or after we got together. I had to win her heart with my rugged good looks and immense charm, not my florid descriptions of 'gicker sex. I could never stand to play around people I knew well IRL, anyway. :P
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

This is a big whatever.  We've all tried it, I bet.

I had a character that frequently had lovers because I wanted to make this promiscuity a tangible part of his persona.  I roleplayed out scenes on that guy, it was pretty much what I expected mudsex to be.

Another character I had, he and his partner came up with so much funny crap while in sexual scenes that we commonly roleplayed out scenes for the laughs.  We got in trouble for using too much OOC, woops.

I think the shame and judgment for mudsex may be as much generated from yourselves than any one person (other than Is Friday) jumping on your case.  Relax, it's just a game.  :)

July 21, 2015, 01:54:59 PM #82 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:25:14 PM by In Dreams
Some points from an experienced mudsexer:
* I love mudsex like I love a lot of different things on this game, and others.
** I also love exploring and combat and finding neat new items, and figuring out what I can do within the code.
*** But I don't overkill any of the above or center my PC's life on it or I feel like my experience becomes too narrow, unrealistic, and boring.

* If my PC finds a partner that's creative and good at mudsex I'm usually open to doing it a bit more often. But still not all the time.
** At the same time, if that same partner only ever seems to want to mudsex, I get bored with them. Similar to real life, someone you enjoy mudsexing will be interesting until the mudsex is over. Then they better have something else to offer or they're boring.

* In my experience an interesting character is far more attractive than one with an attractive description, to both genders.
** That said, a nicely written desc of an attractive male without going overboard with it will, realistically, be noticed by my PC, because that's realistic.

* A female PC who doesn't even mention her boobs in her description is unrealistic to me. You might not like it, everyone notices your chest. It's been studied - your boobs are the first thing most other homo sapiens will notice when they see you, girls!
** That said, not everyone needs to have big boobs. Small boobs won't stop you from getting mudsex, trust me - how interesting your PC is and how good a roleplayer you are will get you more virtual ass than anything else.
*** Not everyone who has big boobs, hips, or a butt, or who is attractive is committing some kind of crime or is automatically a mudsex fiend. People have big boobs, hips, and butts in real life. On the female figure they are prominent features. People are sometimes attractive.   Get over it.
**** Attractive people often have to put considerable effort into it to be that way. Keep that in mind.

* If you're going to mudsex, please mudsex at a reasonable rate of speed. The best mudsex isn't rushed, but definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.
** This includes both how quickly you put out an emote and how long the session actually lasts. Be realistic.

Quote from: In Dreams on July 21, 2015, 01:54:59 PM
You might not like it, everyone notices your chest. It's been studied - your boobs are the first thing most other homo sapiens will notice when they see you, girls!

I know it's some kind of monkey math that my primitive lizard brain is doing, but this is true.  I still don't think we have to describe every living detail of a character, either, though.  Giving a vague outline to combine with the personality lets the reader build their own image.

I mean, if you want to write twenty line descriptions, fine, but there's a lot of reading already involved in this game, and a reasonable standard of response time for says/emotes.

A female PC who doesn't even mention her boobs in her description is unrealistic to me. You might not like it, everyone notices your chest. It's been studied - your boobs are the first thing most other homo sapiens will notice when they see you, girls!

I very much disagree with the first part of this. I believe it's far from unrealistic, regardless of whether or not the average person out there makes a note to look at boobs before anything. There's nothing wrong with someone adding the mention into their description if they want, regardless of the size/shape/whatever, but people who don't are doing nothing unreal. Maybe they're describing an average build - in which there'd be no reason to add in additional wording to emphasize that the breasts are average. Maybe it's mentioned in general that the character has a curvy form, in which one might assume a decent size, or minimal size for say a scrawny form?

The only time I'd say a mention is really a pseudo-requirement is if there's something standout about them. Excessive size, one cut off, etc. On average, they're going to be covered by clothing/armor most of the time as it is, in which case, when the cloth comes off, let the character's player explain what you're seeing for the first time.

Or many other reasons, such as a character that purposefully uses a vague description of their form, and then uses clothing/stuffing/wraps, etc to enhance/negate their shape through the use of tdesc.

I hardly ever describe my PC's boobs. I'm of the mind that keeping it concise is more important than to make sure everyone can perfectly picture my virtual breasts. No one remembers more than 3 details about your PC without referencing the desc, anyway.

If having a big ass or tits is part of the PC and it's interesting, I'll add it in there. But more importantly: if I'm not putting my PC out there to be sexualized, that's my decision. Just like others can gab about how perfectly kalan or melon their breasts are.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

It is known every male homo sapient looks at female boobs first. Or is my knowing need revision? So far, only my male PC's priotize that looking.

July 21, 2015, 02:38:14 PM #87 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:40:41 PM by In Dreams
They "look at" them first unless specifically willed otherwise, but at least from what I've read, all people notice that you have them, plus generally the size/shape, because it's a marker of sex, age, and fertility, which is also is going to determine in many ways how you interact with this other person. One of those instinct things.

But we're getting a little stuck on the boob thing. I know they're an interesting topic, but that wasn't the whole of my post!

But... this is Zalanthas. With non-stereotypical gender norms. I feel like trying to reinforce expectations here will only lead to a dead horse conversation. So. Who gives a shit?

Quote from: Kismetic on July 21, 2015, 02:12:46 PM
You might not like it, everyone notices your chest. It's been studied - your boobs are the first thing most other homo sapiens will notice when they see you, girls!

I know it's some kind of monkey math that my primitive lizard brain is doing, but this is true.  I still don't think we have to describe every living detail of a character, either, though.  Giving a vague outline to combine with the personality lets the reader build their own image.

I mean, if you want to write twenty line descriptions, fine, but there's a lot of reading already involved in this game, and a reasonable standard of response time for says/emotes.

I define the general figure of my character, but I don't devote an entire sentence to the shape and size of her breasts. I figure it's enough to get an idea, without going into unnecessary detail. I wonder. How many male characters have had their packages described in any way?

And I really don't believe that just because we notice these things in real life means we should always describe them in our character descriptions. Maybe you like twenty line descriptions, but I never read them, and I won't write them, either.

Some points from an experienced mudsexer:
* I love mudsex like I love a lot of different things on this game, and others.
** I also love exploring and combat and finding neat new items, and figuring out what I can do within the code.
*** But I don't overkill any of the above or center my PC's life on it or I feel like my experience becomes too narrow, unrealistic, and boring.

* If my PC finds a partner that's creative and good at mudsex I'm usually open to doing it a bit more often. But still not all the time.
** At the same time, if that same partner only ever seems to want to mudsex, I get bored with them. Similar to real life, someone you enjoy mudsexing will be interesting until the mudsex is over. Then they better have something else to offer or they're boring.

* In my experience an interesting character is far more attractive than one with an attractive description, to both genders.
** That said, a nicely written desc of an attractive male without going overboard with it will, realistically, be noticed by my PC, because that's realistic.

* A female PC who doesn't even mention her boobs in her description is unrealistic to me. You might not like it, everyone notices your chest. It's been studied - your boobs are the first thing most other homo sapiens will notice when they see you, girls!
** That said, not everyone needs to have big boobs. Small boobs won't stop you from getting mudsex, trust me - how interesting your PC is and how good a roleplayer you are will get you more virtual ass than anything else.
*** Not everyone who has big boobs, hips, or a butt, or who is attractive is committing some kind of crime or is automatically a mudsex fiend. People have big boobs, hips, and butts in real life. On the female figure they are prominent features. People are sometimes attractive.   Get over it.
**** Attractive people often have to put considerable effort into it to be that way. Keep that in mind.

* If you're going to mudsex, please mudsex at a reasonable rate of speed. The best mudsex isn't rushed, but definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.
** This includes both how quickly you put out an emote and how long the session actually lasts. Be realistic.

My pcs will disappoint you. We'll both need to be OK with that. :)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: In Dreams on July 21, 2015, 02:38:14 PM
They "look at" them first unless specifically willed otherwise, but at least from what I've read, all people notice that you have them, plus generally the size/shape, because it's a marker of sex, age, and fertility, which is also is going to determine in many ways how you interact with this other person. One of those instinct things.

But we're getting a little stuck on the boob thing. I know they're an interesting topic, but that wasn't the whole of my post!

I really want to clear this up that this is not an 'every male does this' situation. Please don't try to stereotype fifty percent of the population into being tit-seeking lustful men.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I don't think she was talking explicitly about males, duderino.  Comprehension, you has not it, today.

Quote from: Alesan on July 21, 2015, 02:40:37 PM
How many male characters have had their packages described in any way?

Thaaaanks for the opening sentence of my next PC's desc.

Quote from: Alesan on July 21, 2015, 02:40:37 PMHow many male characters have had their packages described in any way?

Apples and oranges! If a male's penis was right smack in the middle of their chest and sticking out at you everywhere it went, it should probably be mentioned in their desc.

Fortunately it's not!

Quote from: In Dreams on July 21, 2015, 02:51:47 PM
Quote from: Alesan on July 21, 2015, 02:40:37 PMHow many male characters have had their packages described in any way?

Apples and oranges! If a male's penis was right smack in the middle of their chest and sticking out at you everywhere it went, it should probably be mentioned in their desc.

Fortunately it's not!

I happen to look at legs first.  Men, women, doesn't matter.  I have a thing for legs.  Not everyone describes their legs in their mdesc.

I'm a sad panda.

Thing is, just because you look at boobs first doesn't mean that everyone (man, woman, or somewhere else on the gender spectrum) does.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I am now struggling on how to play a male human PC right.

We can state our preferences, but let's not tell each other how to write our pcs. You write yours. I'll write mine. He'll write his. We'll react as we each see fit.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

But.... Men are Different? Like breeds, elves, etc?  ???
Sorry, I'll stick  to my knitting. Bye.

Quote from: valeria on July 19, 2015, 10:45:04 PMI feel like whether I chose to roleplay a relationship or play out the sex scenes is none of anyone else's business.

That's true. They're between you and the other character only. And the assassin hiding in the room secretly watching. And whatever magick based guild lets you go invisible - if this game has things like invisibility spells. And whatever guild lets you secretly observe from far away - if this gave has things like observing from far away. And whatever secondary guilds let you observe from far away - if this game has any secondary guilds that let you observe from far away. And the staff watching as well. I feel like I'm missing at least one or two more options here.. :P