Is it wrong that I want to kill all of you?

Started by IAmJacksOpinion, July 06, 2015, 11:35:58 PM

Is it wrong that I want to kill all of you?

Yes it's wrong.
7 (6.4%)
No, it's not wrong.
25 (22.7%)
Bring it on, bitch.
78 (70.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Yeah, I seriously wish there were more super-powered crazy motherfuckers running around fucking shit up.
No sarcasm. I promise.
I want more super-powered crazy motherfuckers running around fucking shit up.
Let's have the [REDACTED] attack the city. Or better yet, let loose a [REDACTED].
Hell, bring back the [REDACTED]-[REDACTED]. To my knowledge, that thing was killed at least three times, now, and each time was awesome.
Or even bring back the [REDACTED]! Those fuckers could be a whole Mad Max thing going on, riding a herd of Erdlu in a stampede around Allanak.

Quote from: Case on July 13, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
Let me templar and I will kill

Bah. That's no challenge.

Killing a templar, on the other hand...

Templars are an important source of natural selection among PCs. Admittedly, there's a fine line between "enforcing the documented tyranny of the State" and "drive people from the city because you kill too capriciously."

Quote from: Clearsighted on July 13, 2015, 06:22:05 PM
Quote from: Case on July 13, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
Let me templar and I will kill

Bah. That's no challenge.

Killing a templar, on the other hand...
Yeah I do that too

Callin' bullshiiiiit!

There was a really great noble running around a year or two ago who was just an absolute cock to everybody. It was glorious.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJrjV4PNXA

let's all burn it down-- err, be evil
Whatever happens, happens.

I don't see a difference between a raider vs grebber (where the raider has better equipment and obviously wins the fight before it even gets started) and a town mob vs aforementioned raider (where all the advantages suddenly swing to the town mob).

The only satisfying pks are the personal ones where you know your target and it takes time to set up. Better yet, let them know it is coming.

If you want to add random evil to the game..let the ONE ring be found in the ruins of Steinal.
The ring that you put on and suddenly your stats are AI and you have access to all magics.
Even the lowliest grebber could rise to rule a city state with the one ring.
Death would follow rumors.
Who wouldn't lust after it? Who wouldn't try to steal it? Who wouldn't kill for it?
Unfortunately, it does age you 20 years for every year passed but that's the price of power. You can't just sit on it. You have to use it quick.

Let the lesser known rings be discovered as well. Maybe they can max out a skill for you. Now that helpless looking grebber slips on his magic ring and your easy target is suddenly a blademaster. Send that bottom-feeding raider scurrying back into the sands. Although, lesser rings would still be worth killing over.

Bah, you goody two shoes would just band together and toss the rings in the volcano.

Quote from: burble on July 14, 2015, 12:28:45 PM
I don't see a difference between a raider vs grebber (where the raider has better equipment and obviously wins the fight before it even gets started) and a town mob vs aforementioned raider (where all the advantages suddenly swing to the town mob).

The only satisfying pks are the personal ones where you know your target and it takes time to set up. Better yet, let them know it is coming.

If you want to add random evil to the game..let the ONE ring be found in the ruins of Steinal.
The ring that you put on and suddenly your stats are AI and you have access to all magics.
Even the lowliest grebber could rise to rule a city state with the one ring.
Death would follow rumors.
Who wouldn't lust after it? Who wouldn't try to steal it? Who wouldn't kill for it?
Unfortunately, it does age you 20 years for every year passed but that's the price of power. You can't just sit on it. You have to use it quick.

Let the lesser known rings be discovered as well. Maybe they can max out a skill for you. Now that helpless looking grebber slips on his magic ring and your easy target is suddenly a blademaster. Send that bottom-feeding raider scurrying back into the sands. Although, lesser rings would still be worth killing over.

Bah, you goody two shoes would just band together and toss the rings in the volcano.

A templar would eventually get it, and it'll end up in the Indiana Jones-esque warehouse, never to be seen again. Like other such things.

Also, what you basically described was an old-school sorcerer, but without the rapid aging.

Precioussssssssss
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Talia on July 07, 2015, 12:16:17 AM
I'd say we have anywhere between 5 and 10 PKs per week on a regular basis. Looks like in the 5 to 7 range over the past week, based on runlogs and PK reports. Is that not enough? That's around 2 to 4% of PCs dying to other PCs per week; or around 10% per RL month on the conservative side of the estimate.

Sorry, I've been slacking lately. My next PC...oh, you wait and see... <hands rubbing>

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on July 13, 2015, 10:52:24 PM
Callin' bullshiiiiit!

There was a really great noble running around a year or two ago who was just an absolute cock to everybody. It was glorious.

Despite having no idea if this was me or not I'll still say, "you're welcome". So, you're welcome.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on July 14, 2015, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on July 13, 2015, 10:52:24 PM

Despite having no idea if this was me or not I'll still say, "you're welcome". So, you're welcome.

If you received a scathingly-loving (that's a thing in Arm) kudos, then it was probably you. ;)
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I'll be a little more clear.
The boots you start with will most likely outlive your character. Anyone who kills for boots either has a shoe fetish or is a griefer.

I tried doing the assassin/rinth thing. Everybody says it is tough to survive there, right? Found a dead pc with over a large on him. Kept finding dead npcs/pcs all over the place. My pc couldn't carry all the sid he found! So what was the motivation for killing? Why steal when you have so much you can barely walk? There is no material reason to fight. Couple that with no elves to play with and not really understanding sneaky skills..I just stored.

If you want to motivate more killing/conflict - give a material reason to kill. Make unique items, powerful items, that all pcs have access to. Make them scary enough so that even those in high places would worry if they fell in the wrong hands. Even if a Templar/noble tried to stow it away - make sure a thief would be able to find it. Each class could have an ultimate weapon - the bow of doom gets a 3 room range and hits for 1/2 of the target's HP and doesn't care about strength as long as you're class ranger. Who wouldn't band together to try to take that from someone? It's just talking points. I'm sure most of you could think of more balanced items for the gameworld.

The world would be a lot less safe if you couldn't pigeon-hole someone's class, level and abilities just by looking at them or being around them a game day.

I suggest unique items because builders could do that and it would shake up the rather static power structure. Maybe a code solution would be to make items in corpses or dug up out of the ground disappear much quicker - 1 game hour and everything is gone but the corpse container. Then you could only loot what you actually kill or forage yourself.

Blow the 'sid on spice.

Bonus: now you have a reason to keep mugging people.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

1. Get skillz.

2. Raid.

3. Die young and quick when everyone gives your exact sdesc through your facewrap/hood/cloak to everyone.

??? Profit happens somewhere in there, briefly.

Quote from: Eyeball on July 19, 2015, 03:33:24 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on July 15, 2015, 10:24:25 AM
Blow the 'sid on spice.

Gets old fast as a character concept.

First character I ever made didn't drink alcohol or do spice, and was a Bynner.
Ended up being filthy rich.

Now, as a preface to the statement that follows, I would guess I've PK'd less in my time played then 90% of people who have been around for say, 2 or more years.  But really, I plan to pk people all the time when I'm playing.  Or get told to by my masters before they vanish.  And every time I'm in PvP I get the shakes.

What if characters didn't have to be antagonists/white knights and instead were just people with agendas and had humanesque behaviors that caused them to murder to achieve them?  What happens to most total aggro people in real life, throughout history?  Don't bandits typically get utterly routed or bought out by the land holders in feudal times?  If you roll up Stabby McGee, don't be surprised if most of the world doesn't like the idea of an unchecked homicidal maniac.

That all being said, murder is indeed part of the trifecta. 

18 days after thread creation:

Ya'll still a bunch of soft ass bishes.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Better skill up faster, Badskeellz, because I'm skilling up to kill you.

Quote from: Revenant on July 24, 2015, 10:40:07 AM
Better skill up faster, Badskeellz, because I'm skilling up to kill you.
Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 23, 2015, 02:05:58 PM
Too busy skilling up to PK.

The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

See, this just supports my argument that if it was easier to raise combat skills we'd be much more prone to using them on each other.

Less posting more plotting. Turn to.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."