Priorities as a community

Started by Aruven, June 18, 2015, 02:38:53 PM

What are your areas of specific interest you want to see staff dig into?

Economy reform
25 (39.7%)
Code related reforms (combat maybe?)
19 (30.2%)
GDB reforms
2 (3.2%)
Clan related reforms (Docs? maybe)
8 (12.7%)
Others?
9 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: June 21, 2015, 02:38:52 PM

We always need more (PC driven)plots and PCs involved around them.

That would be nice to have some type of checklist for leader PCs to promote. They can be very vague, or very specifics things. Like collect 100.000 coins and we'll see your Salarr Family member merchant's promotion so that he can have his own wagon. After your 30th contract company will consider you to make a lieutenant.

I know they sound a bit silly, but smart ones can be written down. In anycase these types of goals may give leader players insentive and ambitions to fullfill meanwhile creating some types of struggles and plots. Let's assume there would be 2 sergeant and one lieutenant position. That'd be nice to watch.

I have seen some really great leaders, but when they are not around I think game has hard time to create plots or they become more IMM depended.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Ugh. Please no. There's enough bureaucracy and policy already. I don't want a checklist in order to promote my dudes/ be promoted.

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 28, 2015, 03:04:58 PM
Ugh. Please no. There's enough bureaucracy and policy already. I don't want a checklist in order to promote my dudes/ be promoted.

A checklist of options would be nice though. Things that the staff is hoping the players will work on, and might or might not not be interested in working on. Your noble might have plenty of his own ideas, because you're really good at coming up with plenty of ideas. I might have just a couple of ideas, but sadly I lack the resources (employees, loyal spies, trustworthy secret magickers, the right colored mount, whatever) to accomplish them. Rather than sit around waiting for the resources to show up/log in/be brought to me as a birthday present, I could pick from one of the items on the staff checklist and see how far I can take it.

So rather than "ways you must prove your value in order to get a promotion" it'd be "things you could do that can count toward a promotion."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 28, 2015, 05:49:21 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on June 28, 2015, 03:04:58 PM

A checklist of options would be nice though. Things that the staff is hoping the players will work on, and might or might not not be interested in working on. Your noble might have plenty of his own ideas, because you're really good at coming up with plenty of ideas. I might have just a couple of ideas, but sadly I lack the resources (employees, loyal spies, trustworthy secret magickers, the right colored mount, whatever) to accomplish them. Rather than sit around waiting for the resources to show up/log in/be brought to me as a birthday present, I could pick from one of the items on the staff checklist and see how far I can take it.

So rather than "ways you must prove your value in order to get a promotion" it'd be "things you could do that can count toward a promotion."

I dunno, I think this is a step towards generic clan behavior, where the beauty of the clan leader in the past has been their ability to come up with -cool- shit for me to do.  Which is difficult, I always had a hard time...not with coming up with things, but with coming up with things that were actually viable.

A leader who comes in and roleplays, then finds something they think their house would want, and sets everyone on that goal is infinitely more valuable than making it so that everyone comes in and starts on this same goal from the getgo.  Even worse if those generic goals actually receive priority.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger