Priorities as a community

Started by Aruven, June 18, 2015, 02:38:53 PM

What are your areas of specific interest you want to see staff dig into?

Economy reform
25 (39.7%)
Code related reforms (combat maybe?)
19 (30.2%)
GDB reforms
2 (3.2%)
Clan related reforms (Docs? maybe)
8 (12.7%)
Others?
9 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: June 21, 2015, 02:38:52 PM

Assuming you butchered it properly, you mostly won't get sick from eating raw meat in real life.  You almost certainly won't get sick -immediately-, because the types of organisms that cause acute or subacute food poisoning don't just hang out in muscle tissue (unless you're eating a blatantly necrotic/abscessed piece of meat).

You shouldn't eat ground meat raw, because the equipment used to grind up the meat tends to harbor organisms that can subsequently reproduce within the ground meat, which can make you acutely ill.  Solid cuts of meat tend not to have this problem, unless a) you're butchering a large quantity of meat regularly in the same work area, which has been contaminated or hasn't been properly cleaned and b) the meat has afterward been sitting around long enough for enough microbial reproduction cycles to reach a minimum infectious dose (both of which vary based on organism and conditions).

However, there are a number of parasites that form cysts in muscle tissue, and those can make you quite sick over a longer term.  So...anyway...yeah.  Acutely getting sick from meat you just hunted...doesn't really make sense, unless there's some peculiar Zalanthan justification for it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I think it would be interesting if Zalanthas acquired a tilt to its axis and thus, seasons... and maybe rain one or two days a year, with lightning storms.

It already has an axial tilt.
QuoteMonths in the Year (3) 
              Descending Sun
              Low Sun
              Ascending Sun

Quote from: Revenant on June 22, 2015, 04:08:17 PM
I think it would be interesting if Zalanthas acquired a tilt to its axis and thus, seasons... and maybe rain one or two days a year, with lightning storms.

I've been assuming the sandstorms have lightning displays.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/418236/how-sandstorms-generate-spectacular-lightning-displays/

I forget if there are stars, however.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on June 22, 2015, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: Revenant on June 22, 2015, 04:08:17 PM

I've been assuming the sandstorms have lightning displays.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/418236/how-sandstorms-generate-spectacular-lightning-displays/

I forget if there are stars, however.

Quote from: Help StarsStars                                                                   (Sky)

There are some few visible stars in the night sky of Zalanthas.  However,
they are often obscured by a haze of dust or silt, and are more often than
not drowned out by the brightness of Jihae or Lirathu.
See also:
   Moons, Jihae, Lirathu, Time

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Upbeat, the lirathu-tressed bard sings, in wilderness-accented sirihish:
     "The stars at night
      Ain't real big and bright..."

Clapping four times enthusiastically before, the lirathu-tressed bard sings, in wilderness-accented sirihish:
     "Deep in the heart of Zalanthas!"
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 22, 2015, 04:11:57 PM
It already has an axial tilt.
QuoteMonths in the Year (3) 
              Descending Sun
              Low Sun
              Ascending Sun

Yes, and one season, HOT!

Why do I feel like a derail happened, somewhere.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

There actually are (or are supposed to be) seasons in relation to growing certain crops.

I would kind of like there to be a slightly more realistic environment myself, with 1 or 2 days of rain. It could add a period of other harsh muddiness to break up the times of harsh grittiness. Rooms could turn muddy and boggy, flash floods could occur. New challenges with new opportunities.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 22, 2015, 05:00:02 PM
There actually are (or are supposed to be) seasons in relation to growing certain crops.

I would kind of like there to be a slightly more realistic environment myself, with 1 or 2 days of rain. It could add a period of other harsh muddiness to break up the times of harsh grittiness. Rooms could turn muddy and boggy, flash floods could occur. New challenges with new opportunities.

It should rain somewhere, even if it's in the remote mountains. Something has to replenish the ground water.

Quote from: Eyeball on June 22, 2015, 05:08:43 PM
It should rain somewhere, even if it's in the remote mountains. Something has to replenish the ground water.

Magic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd rather see dew form after cold nights than see actual rain.  Most deserts don't get rain.  Most deserts do get dew.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Most deserts get rain eventually. Even if it's just once in 3-4 years in the most dry areas. But Zalanthas isn't Earth, so comparisons aren't very easy.

We have a huge forest though, and that needs to get water from somewhere, unless it feeds off of the blood of noobie hunters.

I surmise that it rains outside the Known, and trickles into the Known via underground rivers, from whence our spring gs and oasis replenish.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I think the occassional shower would be cool, it's a foreboding, ominous occurance, the sky grows dark as a low rumble of distant thunder echoes through the land, a cool wind hits you, tingling your senses with the slightest moisture...

Oh no, not again!

And on these days, a small, but surviving race of mythical humanoid beasts crawl out of deep caverns and ruins, spreading misery and mayhem wherever they travel, until, the rain ceases, at which point, they slip back into their holes.

Quote from: Revenant on June 23, 2015, 03:08:51 AM
I think the occassional shower would be cool, it's a foreboding, ominous occurance, the sky grows dark as a low rumble of distant thunder echoes through the land, a cool wind hits you, tingling your senses with the slightest moisture...

Oh no, not again!

And on these days, a small, but surviving race of mythical humanoid beasts crawl out of deep caverns and ruins, spreading misery and mayhem wherever they travel, until, the rain ceases, at which point, they slip back into their holes.

I like. Reminds me of Pitch Black.

That would be pretty cool, actually.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I searched for electric sandstorm.

Electric Sandstorm

Sooo not what I had in mind...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 23, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
I searched for electric sandstorm.

Electric Sandstorm

Sooo not what I had in mind...

What song is that?

Darude - Sandstorm
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I still think the mud is in need of a name change.

Armageddon has way too much association with biblical end-times rather than desert-world stuff.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Holy shit, did it just get Darude up in here, Darude so rude

Quote from: Jingo on June 24, 2015, 01:17:22 AM
I still think the mud is in need of a name change.

Armageddon has way too much association with biblical end-times rather than desert-world stuff.

Yeah we could call it:

Allanak