Player Kudos

Started by Barzalene, June 13, 2015, 06:59:56 PM

How many kudos have you sent over the last year? (Since a year ago today.)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Four. I also gave some out the year before to players of characters that were still alive in the last year.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Eight.  I'm slowing down... not good.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Eight for me. I was wondering if that was average.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I sent one but then cancelled it cause it became painfully ironic. Need to rewrite.

I send kudos when I get them because I forget otherwise.

I never kudos get  :'(

Looks like five player kudos and four staff.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

I was only counting player kudos.

Looks like 4 player kudos and 4 staff kudos over the past year for me.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I tend to wait, so things don't get awkward or people feel compelled to kudos you back. After a major death is usually appropriate.

If your not shitplotting or shitraiding you're doing your job right, have some kudos

I send the kudos for shitplotting and shitraiding especially. Not everyone starts out a master.

9 PLayer kudos, 3 staff kudos.

Lots of you guys have been awesome to this newbie :D

I have so many more kudos to write...

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 15, 2015, 02:01:07 AM
I send the kudos for shitplotting and shitraiding especially. Not everyone starts out a master.

What of the people who make garden hose plots who have been playing as long as I have then?

New players have an excuse.

And speaking reasonably, sometimes you need to just kill someone who will spam flee anyway, that's how the raiding game goes.

What is a "garden hose plot"? Or shitplot

I should send more. I've only sent one. I've never received any though, so hard to hang onto any guilt.   ::)

Quote from: spicemustflow on June 15, 2015, 05:58:32 AM
What is a "garden hose plot"? Or shitplot

Plots that are on rails and not immediately visible to the people who are supposed to be involved in them.

I'm not talking about plots that are Tuluki and work across social levels or what have you, talking about folks who just plot and do not involve anyone else until the plot comes to resolution. That would be why I used the raiding in parralel, because that is pretty much the same thing just over a shorter time period.

In any event, I don't think going on about plots will keep this thread on track, so I'll happily answer questions but I think we should be talking about kudos.

In general, it's probably better to be generous with kudos and be quick to explain what you liked.

Quote from: Barzalene on June 13, 2015, 07:29:59 PM
Eight for me. I was wondering if that was average.

I tell all the ladies eight is average.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org