Skellbain echoes

Started by Chettaman, June 03, 2015, 08:43:39 PM

You know what would be horrifying and cool while you were on a skellbain trip?
if anyone time someone around you used the say, tell, whisper sing, shout or recite command it got changed to something like...

the cute, adorable girl whispers to you with a dimpled smile: "I want to eat your soul."
The burly, one-eyed man shouts as the gith start pouring in through the gates: "I have a pink flower in my hair!"
The hard-nosed templar recites monotone-like: "If my father has three apples and he throws two of them in to the river, how often does the snake bite the flies?"

I know it's already bad. But wouldn't that just make it more horrifying. Also I want just one scene at a time. Being in the flesh merchant's tent and then someplace else while I feel serene and drop of water hits me is frustrating to roleplay with.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

You want that shit to be horrifying, give it echo's that say someone just picked your pocket.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 03, 2015, 09:00:38 PM
You want that shit to be horrifying, give it echo's that say someone just picked your pocket.
+1

June 03, 2015, 09:11:30 PM #3 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:22:17 PM by Chettaman
"the tall, muscular man hits you with a hard right cross!" - have even do stun damage.
I like it.

"you feel a tugging"
"You catch the person who actually didn't steal from you with his hands in your pocket!"
oh, man... that would totally fuck with people, you're right.

"The guy sitting at the bar attacks the other guy sitting at the bar!"

"An arrow flies in from the east and hits the gal sitting next to you's on the neck!"

"The dark-skinned human barkeep bashes you sending you sprawling!" (you end up sitting) - and if you didn't have nosave combat on you'd start combat.

"The figure in a dark, hooded cloak has arrived from the east" (terrifying if you're in your apartment)

"A foreign presence contacts your mind"
"A foreign presence withdraws from your mind."

all of the items you see become organs or stuffed animals.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I like these. Skellebain's effects are really robust and have made me freak out OOCly and ICly as it is, but these are nice ideas.

Are you advocating for MORE drugz?

As is skellebaine has done some powerful things in game.

I think the more skellebain makes you jump at the keyboard, the better.  Simulated combat (complete with highlights) and that sort of thing would rock.

Another cool effect of skellebain would be if it made your character go catatonic and unresponsive... on the outside.  But on the inside, a copy of yourself has been spawned in some kind of terrible nightmare zone, like a haunted warehouse, or the cruelest arena on Zalanthas (putting the Highlord's own to shame), or some kind of humanoid boneyard in the middle of the desert where you're being chased by the undead.  Stuff attacks you, subdues you, etc. and if you die in there, you take a big stun hit or something outside.

The twist: there would be problems to solve inside the nightmare zones.  You could actually escape that arena, if you can figure it out before you die.  There is a treasure in that haunted house, if you can navigate to the hidden trapdoor and find your way into the attic.  Etc.

Too much like a classic hack/slash, maybe? :D
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

That sounds like something Muk Utep would do to a rebellious templar and maybe not the product of a poison.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on June 07, 2015, 12:32:41 PM
That sounds like something Muk Utep would do to a rebellious templar and maybe not the product of a poison.

+1