Kudos Monday!

Started by Malken, May 25, 2015, 06:55:01 PM

Hey guys, I thought about a nice and simple idea that we could add to our GDB weekly tradition.

How about we all try to kudos at least -one- character per week, on Mondays? If a few of us do that weekly, and it doesn't have to take more than five minutes, really, it's going to make a whole buncha people happy and often!

I'm going to be sending mine in a bit and I hope that some of you will do as well and that it'll pick up from there.

You'd be really, really surprised at how happy it makes someone just to receive a little kudos to tell him/her that their character have been noticed and that they are doing a great job with it.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I know that's the truth, the ones I receive make me feel all warm and fuzzy. When I write one, though, I like to really think about what I'm saying and word it carefully to say, I noticed this, this and this over a number of interactions with that character. Because of the time, thought and effort involved on my end of the process, I try to save it for seriously special occassions. I'm still mulling over in my head what, precisely, I'd like to say in this kudos I intend to send someone, the next on my list, but, I hope they'll be happy when they get it.

I think anything that builds community is a good idea.

Pfft, I won't like them as much if they're done out of -obligation-.

Kidding, kidding, they're always good.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

It doesn't hurt to have a reminder!  Sometimes I forget that I want to give a few until I'm reminded.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

In my work experience you picked the hardest day of the week to write kudos in. Given I hate the idea of compulsory kudos,and can generally predict when I will get kudos and when I won't with a high degree of accuracy over my 30-40 characters, I am fine with this. Kudos Monday, when nobody has time to write kudos. (i.e. The status quo)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

That moment when you realize some players actually receive kudos enough to be picky about the circumstance by which they receive them. Heart...broken.