Cannibalism!

Started by Cabooze, May 18, 2015, 12:52:02 AM

I think that humanoid corpses (half giant, dwarf, elf, human, breed) should be able to be skinned!

The skin gathered would be rather useless, aside from half giant or dwarf skin due to their natural toughness!

The flesh gathered would have to be cooked, but could serve as a substitute of meat for anyone going hungry!

Skinning a humanoid corpse would behead it by default.

The bones could be made to be unique, as well as being able to skin/salvage the head if the corpse is decapitated to get a skull of the appropriate type.

I wanna be able to munch on some baby thighs.

May 18, 2015, 12:55:33 AM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:57:51 AM by Clearsighted
They can be. It just requires a flag be set on you, to be able to do it.

Personally, I think staff should be more liberal with this flag. Especially if you've read a book like Blood Meridian, or know anything about the Maori war customs. Basically, the Maori viewed defeated enemies as campaign provisions. There's a recent movie out, called 'Dead Lands', which had a Maori slant, and reminded me of Armageddon as well. Lots of cannibalism in that.

We need a new, playable tribe of cannibals. Cannibal gith.

I think you could probably spec app for halfling cannibalism script but it would be neat if humanoids could be skinned etc without needing to wish up each time.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Maybe ask staff if you've eaten someone like three or four times and it seems like it is going to be regular for the script?

If gith are eating humans, that isn't cannibalism.

Hope that guy replies when I asked that question about how okay it is to eat people in Zalanthas. Soylent Green I think was the title.

Anyway someone replied super serious and sounded like they had possibly eaten people irl.

Quote from: Tyas on June 04, 2013, 01:56:50 AM
I have eaten other players -- all kinds of other weird things too!

What ended up happening though is I had to talk about it to other people in-game for a long time. The urge that drove me to carry through with it, to think of it in my character as the only viable option, is rather sickly. If you actually do this for fun and come off without any repercussion, well, I could not fully understand. Because after I went through with it, there was a whole period where my character sought out immediate and long-term therapy, and was completely whacked out for some while. I think it was about roughly a few weeks of gameplay.

What I can say is that these events did force me into the character, or some other strange part of my brain. It is an interesting place to open up to. A whole different way of reasoning. But... Fuck that. Eating my own species on Arm was the breaking point in many ways. I second think, absolutely every time that I ever have to kill or -even- eat any living thing after this had happened. I never had cared about that.

The Staff had messaged me before regarding Suicide after all my characters were having this strong tendency. And, as sort being still a NEW player who has been through eating other 'someones' and killing themselves too (emotionally and physically) -- as it seems none of you have? -- Cannibalism was absolutely that much worse.

On a lighter note. My love to all the players out there! Muah  :-*

May 24, 2015, 07:15:23 PM #7 Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:18:47 PM by Clearsighted
I don't know. I'd rather see a human or elf tribe be as completely casual with the idea of eating their enemies, like the Maori, rather than have it be spec-apped as some kind of psychotic breakdown.

If you haven't yet googled 'Maori warfare cannibalism', you should. It seems to me the most likely way that such things would be treated in Armageddon, given how cheap life is and how harsh the world is.

Polynesians resorted to raiding and cannibalism for much the same reason. Scarcity. In fact, that'd be a badass concept...cannibal raiders. And I think they would treat it casually. Maori found European reactions to their 'feasts' hilarious.

I mean. If you needed protein, and there weren't dead chalton bodies EVERYWHERE, who would you rather fight? Another human, or a scrab, which is basically a man-sized killer sand crab with pincers that can take a leg off and a chitinous shell used as armor. And a scrab is about as easy as it gets. Absent the numerous wild chalton.

(Speaking of cannibalism, what are the numerous wild chalton eating anyways? Each other?)

I'm gonna tribal rolecall app this guy, some day.

Note the human jawbone pauldrons.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 24, 2015, 07:18:10 PM
I'm gonna tribal rolecall app this guy, some day.

Note the human jawbone pauldrons.

That's beautiful. Perfect Armageddon. Hmm, the savage, tattooed man?