Without getting too IC

Started by Asmoth, May 15, 2015, 12:49:30 PM

Are there abilities/spells/conditions etc that will cause a character to suffer with no outward signs or prompts in the stat screen?

I have had some really wierd stuff happening icly that I want to make sure is a feature and not a bug before I escalate to staff with an inquiry.

Mostly centered around The Way and how it functions.

I think I may know the answer but figured I would reach out here to see.

And if im right I'm thinking I need to stop using thinks and feels to avoid negative attention...

Edited: spelling on my iPhone is atrocious.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Obviously, Muk Utep and his sycophant false Templars are suppressing your abilities. You must extract a terrible vengeance.

You can be affected by things that won't show up when you type "stat."

You should not avoid using think and feel for OOC reasons, whatever they are.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Revenant on May 15, 2015, 12:54:19 PM
Obviously, Muk Utep and his sycophant false Templars are suppressing your abilities. You must extract a terrible vengeance.
This is exactly what I thought!

Now I need to figure out how many branches it takes to get a merchant to build me a trebuchet to bash down those walls and kill him!

(Not really)
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Ha, this reminds me of that time in my noob days when I attempted to murder some Borsail aide because I thought she had used some sort of psionic power to suppress my contact skill.

Turns out I had just put a barrier up and forgotten about it.

Oops.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

As Nyr said there are things that will not show up in stat or score that you can be affected with. However, you will get echos about what is going on with some sort of hint as to what the problem is. Be sure to read the help files... Specifically: http://armageddon.org/help/view/Disease and http://armageddon.org/help/view/Poison. Have fun and good luck! If you don't make it I'm sure someone will have your boots.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

If you have IC reasons for not wanting some wretched thing being able to read your thoughts and feelings, you should seek out IC methods to suppress your character's emotions. Maybe try finding out IC? Deliberately not using think and feel to 'win' is somewhat powergamey imo.

May 15, 2015, 06:58:32 PM #7 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:00:34 PM by Asmoth
Quote from: Synthesis on May 15, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
Ha, this reminds me of that time in my noob days when I attempted to murder some Borsail aide because I thought she had used some sort of psionic power to suppress my contact skill.

Turns out I had just put a barrier up and forgotten about it.

Oops.
I want to know how long that took to keep barrier up all the time without noticing it.

I damn near pass out with it up, then a wet fart knocks it down.

>think (paranoid) Clear my head, clear my head...boobs... clear my head, clear my head.... large boobs.... clear my head clear my head.... itty bitties...
>think (frustrated with your inability not to think about sex for five minutes) Shit, concentrate. Big toe, big toe, big toe.. my big to looks kinda like a stubby little....
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year one, nine, nine...
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I'm so happy for Asgoth that this stuff is happening to him. Find out everything IC! And welcome to the chaos  ;)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: FantasyWriter on May 15, 2015, 11:42:03 PM
>think (paranoid) Clear my head, clear my head...boobs... clear my head, clear my head.... large boobs.... clear my head clear my head.... itty bitties...
>think (frustrated with your inability not to think about sex for five minutes) Shit, concentrate. Big toe, big toe, big toe.. my big to looks kinda like a stubby little....

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!