Stun Regen

Started by Asmoth, May 14, 2015, 12:27:12 AM

Has anyone just suddenly noticed their Stun Regen go in the toilet?

Seems like my current character used to recover it like a champ and now recovers it like he's mentally challenged.

Just curious if anyone else ever had this happen or if it's a bug of some type.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Some characters regen stun at like 8 per tick, while others can barely manage 1 stun every 2 ticks. It's weird.

I believe the rate of stun regen is based on your attributes just like how much health you get and such. So it's going to definitely be different for everyone.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

It's also partly dependent on what you're doing. Sitting, standing, laying down, unconscious.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Haven't noticed any difference lately.

There are also some actions that, anecdotally, seem to affect stun regeneration.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on May 14, 2015, 10:47:48 AM
There are also some actions that, anecdotally, seem to affect stun regeneration.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation?

May 15, 2015, 12:20:32 PM #7 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:25:38 PM by Cind
Nevermind, I thought you meant stamina.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I'm not sure about this, but I imagine being dehydrated and starving might effect stun (and other) regeneration rates.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

This may be all in my head but thinking back to the time it happened, I was full and fully watered (I try to stay that way).

When I decided to taste a piece of food, which seems to bypass You're too full, which might have thrown me into overfull (if that's a thing) and maybe that was causing my shitty stun regen.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Regeneration of derived stats can be affected by a multitude of things, most of which can be figured out in-game (hunger, thirst, and anything that would otherwise affect your stats or derived stats).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Asmoth on May 15, 2015, 12:39:11 PM
This may be all in my head but thinking back to the time it happened, I was full and fully watered (I try to stay that way).

When I decided to taste a piece of food, which seems to bypass You're too full, which might have thrown me into overfull (if that's a thing) and maybe that was causing my shitty stun regen.

Must be nice to be a rich Zalanthian.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on May 15, 2015, 06:15:39 PM
Quote from: Asmoth on May 15, 2015, 12:39:11 PM

Must be nice to be a rich Zalanthian.
Foraging salt is the most lucrative business in the known.

Quote from: Synthesis
Okay, here's the deal with stun:

Warriors (standing) regen at 3 stun per "regeneration event."
             (sitting)     regen at 4 stun per "regeneration event."
             (resting)    5

Rangers: Standing: 2
              Sitting: 3
              Resting: 4

All other classes: Standing: 1
                          Sitting: 2
                         Resting: 3

Now, for stamina, all classes regen at 8 points per event, except for rangers, who regenerate at 12 points per event.

Now, obviously Endurance and Race affect how many game "ticks" pass before you actually get a regeneration event, but the number of points you get per regeneration event is SET based on your CLASS. (All Diku MUDs run on a 'tick' or 'heartbeat' system that sets the minimum time value for all events occurring in the game.  Maybe it's been modified on ARM, but I haven't seen any evidence of it.)  See above for the set values.  If you'll notice, warriors standing regenerate as fast as everyone else resting.  And I can't begin to fathom why rangers regenerate stamina points at a rate that's 50% faster than everyone else.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.  I haven't seen the code, but there's an obvious difference between classes, if you bother to pay attention.

Edited to add:  Mansa reminded me of a good point:  Back in the day, warriors and rangers used to regenerate health points faster than other classes, as well.  It was 3hp for warriors, 2hp for rangers, and 1hp for everyone else.  This was changed to 1hp for every class, with the event rates variable for class, which works fine now, because the event rates don't even approach 2-3 times as fast, which was ridiculous.

Something useful posted some years back.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Medivh on May 18, 2015, 08:29:58 AM
Quote from: Synthesis
Okay, here's the deal with stun:

Warriors (standing) regen at 3 stun per "regeneration event."
             (sitting)     regen at 4 stun per "regeneration event."
             (resting)    5

Rangers: Standing: 2
              Sitting: 3
              Resting: 4

All other classes: Standing: 1
                          Sitting: 2
                         Resting: 3

Now, for stamina, all classes regen at 8 points per event, except for rangers, who regenerate at 12 points per event.

Now, obviously Endurance and Race affect how many game "ticks" pass before you actually get a regeneration event, but the number of points you get per regeneration event is SET based on your CLASS. (All Diku MUDs run on a 'tick' or 'heartbeat' system that sets the minimum time value for all events occurring in the game.  Maybe it's been modified on ARM, but I haven't seen any evidence of it.)  See above for the set values.  If you'll notice, warriors standing regenerate as fast as everyone else resting.  And I can't begin to fathom why rangers regenerate stamina points at a rate that's 50% faster than everyone else.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.  I haven't seen the code, but there's an obvious difference between classes, if you bother to pay attention.

Edited to add:  Mansa reminded me of a good point:  Back in the day, warriors and rangers used to regenerate health points faster than other classes, as well.  It was 3hp for warriors, 2hp for rangers, and 1hp for everyone else.  This was changed to 1hp for every class, with the event rates variable for class, which works fine now, because the event rates don't even approach 2-3 times as fast, which was ridiculous.

Something useful posted some years back.

My question is how do we know this is true?

And secondly, how would he know unless he's a staff alt?

You'd only know if you tested it yourself, recording regeneration over multiple characters. You'd only need like 20 or so characters to test his hypothesis out. That may seem like a lot, but some people have played hundreds of characters.