Cleaning salts

Started by Asmoth, May 03, 2015, 10:29:29 PM

Do they not exist anymore, or are they just super rare?

I'm asking because I'm filthy! lol
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I think a certain color of salt does it, or is it flat out "Cleaning salts"?

If a certain NPC complains about a lack of them, its because nobody has turned any in to them.

So far as "cleaning salts" to clean yourself up? I've heard of people using scrub sand, brushes for their armor, even soaps. I've never heard of someone rubbing salt on their wounds to get clean. Though... Allanak will be Allanak.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on May 03, 2015, 11:28:43 PM
If a certain NPC complains about a lack of them, its because nobody has turned any in to them.

So far as "cleaning salts" to clean yourself up? I've heard of people using scrub sand, brushes for their armor, even soaps. I've never heard of someone rubbing salt on their wounds to get clean. Though... Allanak will be Allanak.
I was referring to the fact I wasn't finding them where I used to find them.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

furge sult fur purplush

If they made purplish salts more rare that can only be a good thing.

I do recall a few months ago there was a code change that would allow for more fine-grained control over forage zones.  Perhaps the salt flats are no longer uniform in that regard.

Yeah... This shit is either bugged or they removed it from the main salt flats rooms.  I decided to give my PS4 a break on witcher and come salt a bit... And haven't seen a purplish ever.

You must now venture farther into mekilllot territory to claim the purple passion!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

With all the hundreds of black soapstone coins saved up in the game there are piles and piles of purple salts in the cleaner's still. However once those coins become as rare as salts, it would make sense for the price for them to start going up given their increased scarcity. At that point a little more risk and thrill to get purplish salts will be all the more rewarding. You can have salting teams to be safest for multiple lookouts. Or to have someone else get eaten while everyone else runs.

All in all, like most bad stuff that happens in game there is a silver lining here. The only problem is that cleaning kegs don't have enough uses to really feel worth it vs soap. I think stuff like that can be easily tweaked as needed though.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

May 20, 2015, 08:16:15 AM #10 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:19:52 AM by Harmless
Also to help you realize the mercy of this issue.

Think about it. Salting was too easy and too profitable. Only the staff could make that a less sweet deal. Given that the old approach would be to animate a mek to come stomping down at you, the increased rarity is a far easier problem. With the best salts more rare you have to voluntarily get closer to meks to find it. All in all this isn't as bad as it initially seems.

Just thought of another reason. With cleaning salts out there now half breeds and desert elves have another advantage. They both would be pretty good at running from a mek. Concept!!! See what fun this is?  ...*beep*
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Asmoth on May 20, 2015, 02:43:01 AM
Yeah... This shit is either bugged or they removed it from the main salt flats rooms.  I decided to give my PS4 a break on witcher and come salt a bit... And haven't seen a purplish ever.

You're supposed to run your purplish foraging script while playing the Witcher, duh.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Quote from: Malken on May 20, 2015, 09:12:20 AM
Quote from: Asmoth on May 20, 2015, 02:43:01 AM

You're supposed to run your purplish foraging script while playing the Witcher, duh.

I wonder if the perceived bump in suspiciously afk PCs is owing to witcher. :-)

change ldesc idles here while their player hunts witches elsewhere
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago