My feelings of the world Post Tuluk...

Started by Asmoth, May 03, 2015, 12:16:01 PM

Quote from: Taven on May 08, 2015, 04:18:24 PM

The "Who" numbers have been crazy lately in a good way, that's for sure. And do I think that the added numbers could be good for the places where people are going? Yeah, absolutely. More players is going to equate to more fun, generally speaking. It allows for more opportunities. The hardest thing about being a PC with ideas, and goals, and plans is not having minions and allies to do them with. And, of course, there's always the enemy counterweight.

So we'll see how this works. Can I say I'm whole-heartedly embracing the change? Maybe not. Can I say that I am curious to see what happens? Yes, definitely. Can you tell that I not-so-secretly hope that Tuluk opens again eventually? If you can't tell that, you've got your eyes closed and your ears plugged, because these aren't mere hintin' hemotes about that. But in the meanwhile, we'll see how things go.

Man, am I happy with the way the game is unfolding. 

I was about to start a new thread for this, but this might be a better spot.

Is it just me, or has the recent re-org really just fixed *so many* problems with the game?

I love everything that's happening in Allanak right now.  This is how Allanak is supposed to be - gritty, dangerous.  Crowded. 
The changes to the wilderness has had the combined effects of having more low-powered mobs for noobs to have fun hunting, as well as a good spattering of genuinely dangerous animals. 

For new players, I hope that you guys are enjoying this.  This is kind of a golden age for the game.  So many things that have been plaguing the game for years have either receded or been generally corrected. 

Quote from: ibusoe on May 19, 2015, 01:05:17 PM
Quote from: Taven on May 08, 2015, 04:18:24 PM

The "Who" numbers have been crazy lately in a good way, that's for sure. And do I think that the added numbers could be good for the places where people are going? Yeah, absolutely. More players is going to equate to more fun, generally speaking. It allows for more opportunities. The hardest thing about being a PC with ideas, and goals, and plans is not having minions and allies to do them with. And, of course, there's always the enemy counterweight.

So we'll see how this works. Can I say I'm whole-heartedly embracing the change? Maybe not. Can I say that I am curious to see what happens? Yes, definitely. Can you tell that I not-so-secretly hope that Tuluk opens again eventually? If you can't tell that, you've got your eyes closed and your ears plugged, because these aren't mere hintin' hemotes about that. But in the meanwhile, we'll see how things go.

Man, am I happy with the way the game is unfolding. 

I was about to start a new thread for this, but this might be a better spot.

Is it just me, or has the recent re-org really just fixed *so many* problems with the game?

I love everything that's happening in Allanak right now.  This is how Allanak is supposed to be - gritty, dangerous.  Crowded. 
The changes to the wilderness has had the combined effects of having more low-powered mobs for noobs to have fun hunting, as well as a good spattering of genuinely dangerous animals. 

For new players, I hope that you guys are enjoying this.  This is kind of a golden age for the game.  So many things that have been plaguing the game for years have either receded or been generally corrected. 

As a newbie, I can assure you that I'm definitely having fun. Don't have an active char right now, but im totally looking forward to my future char coming up!

Judging by the fact that the number of players online at any given time seems to have doubled since Tuluk was closed, I think we all can agree this decision was a big win for the game.

Honestly, I think it's too early to tell if the change is good or bad.  It hasn't even been a month since Tuluk closed.  It will take time to see if these numbers are just a reaction to a new change or a long-term trend resulting from the new condensed PC/staff environment.

Quote from: wizturbo on May 19, 2015, 01:52:13 PM
Judging by the fact that the number of players online at any given time seems to have doubled since Tuluk was closed, I think we all can agree this decision was a big win for the game.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Marauder Moe on May 19, 2015, 02:06:40 PM
Honestly, I think it's too early to tell if the change is good or bad.  It hasn't even been a month since Tuluk closed.  It will take time to see if these numbers are just a reaction to a new change or a long-term trend resulting from the new condensed PC/staff environment.

Agreed. Though I hope it is indicative of a positive trend.

Well, even without the bigger numbers, I'm noticing more people. The effect of one major city being gone is also being felt, not just excitement from players getting back into the game, so it's two-fold.