Tuluk Closing to PC play -- discussion thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 13, 2015, 01:18:17 PM

The tea market just isn't what it used to be. Nobody can retire on these sorts of returns.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on April 22, 2015, 03:29:41 PM
The tea market just isn't what it used to be. Nobody can retire on these sorts of returns.

>offer tea.stock lumber
>s
>offer lumber $
You win!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oh, I'm starting to feel the impact of Tuluk closing...

all those npcs and items and tattoos, those pcs that you never see except at rpts, those nobles and Templars forced to store... I'm getting the feels
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I gave up on reading this thread for a while and don't feel like going back. I do have a serious question to ask Staff on this.

Did you think of how this would effect the economy in places like Luir's?

I would expand on this, but I don't want to get yelled at for IC information.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

April 22, 2015, 11:00:56 PM #654 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:15:44 PM by Mook
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 22, 2015, 10:34:40 PM
Did you think of how this would effect the economy in places like Luir's?
Much of Gol Krathu's economy will relocate to Luir's, so... the economy at Luir's will go through the roof, as will player interaction at the outpost.  Wot.
Murder your darlings.

Most shops will be seeing a surplus of traffic. This means shops that used up all their coins or that already had too many of the item you're trying to sell will be an even bigger problem than it was before.

And it was a big enough problem for me to whine about it a lot, so I hope it's something staff will consider.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 22, 2015, 11:07:40 PM
Most shops will be seeing a surplus of traffic. This means shops that used up all their coins or that already had too many of the item you're trying to sell will be an even bigger problem than it was before.

And it was a big enough problem for me to whine about it a lot, so I hope it's something staff will consider.

I had actually had a thought about this as well, but forgot to mention it.  With the rebellion era, Freils was still a very healthy trade hub.  If the north has something like that, we should be...okay.  Otherwise...the simple fix is 'sells to passerby' has to happen like fifteen times as much in Luir's since it's -such- a trade hub. :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 22, 2015, 11:07:40 PM

Well this is the "I would expand on it, but don't want to get into trouble for IC information" part. This is going to become a huge problem. Staff: Anything in the works to address this?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 22, 2015, 11:23:42 PM
Well this is the "I would expand on it, but don't want to get into trouble for IC information" part. This is going to become a huge problem. Staff: Anything in the works to address this?

If you have a concern, you may send in a request. If it's too IC for you to say what it is here, it's kind of too IC for staff to discuss it too?
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

More like
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Rath I want to steal your sig.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on April 23, 2015, 02:01:11 PM

I implore all Tuluk's brothers and sisters to join us... in the evershine...

(Or everwhine).

Last one to store shut the door.
If I'm gonna die, I gonna die historic on the Fury Road.

Quote from: Rathustra on April 23, 2015, 02:05:20 PM

(Or everwhine).
You have no idea how hard I've tried to push 'His Evershine' over the last five years.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on April 23, 2015, 02:35:13 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on April 23, 2015, 02:05:20 PM

(Or everwhine).
You have no idea how hard I've tried to push 'His Evershine' over the last five years.
You and Chris Dane Owens both.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

You have no idea how hard I tried to push "LIGHTSPEED!" as a Tuluki farewell over the last five years
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

April 23, 2015, 03:34:42 PM #669 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:37:10 PM by BadSkeelz
One last "Ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KV87IcDbU

fuckin nerds
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Nyr on April 21, 2015, 09:29:08 PM
Well, there are definitely a ton of off-topic posts here.  If you have something noteworthy to add, please do, but otherwise, we'll start moderating more aggressively.
Why does this apply to my posts and not the above posts?

Ad-blocked the shit out of that confetti-vomit of a signature.

Ugh... 15 year old computer I use for Arma stuff can't handle all the sig crap. Please tone it down peoples.