Tuluk Closing to PC play -- discussion thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 13, 2015, 01:18:17 PM

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 16, 2015, 06:13:09 PM
Unless you happen to be out of town on the weekend your hometown changes dramatically, leaving you with the dubious prospect of having to RP reacting to a life-changing event you don't really have any solid information on  :-\

I'd say try to get in touch with staff. See if they can help, if you haven't already!

Nah, fuck it. I'm just going to guilt trip them into giving me awesome stat rolls on my next character.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 16, 2015, 06:15:22 PM
Nah, fuck it. I'm just going to guilt trip them into giving me awesome stat rolls on my next character.

The sad thing is that I'm actually trying to save the character with the shittiest stats I've ever had on any characters I've played in my 10+ years Arm career.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

April 16, 2015, 10:05:49 PM #503 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:40:20 PM by WarriorPoet
Holy shit! I leave for a few months and everything falls to fucking pieces.

I will reserve judgement for now.

WP's edit: Sorry if I came off harsh or uncaring. I forgot how high emotions can run around here. Just jokes. I love you all.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

One thing the faqs aren't too clear about is that it says we can still play tuluki ex-pats somewhere else. Rathustra also recommended that as an option. I read the whole thread and might have missed it but does that mean we'll be able to still make characters with tuluki tattoos at creation and perhaps point to luirs or somewhere else?

Quote from: Dresan on April 17, 2015, 09:21:13 AM
One thing the faqs aren't too clear about is that it says we can still play tuluki ex-pats somewhere else. Rathustra also recommended that as an option. I read the whole thread and might have missed it but does that mean we'll be able to still make characters with tuluki tattoos at creation and perhaps point to luirs or somewhere else?

Yep! You'll be born in Tuluk but playing in a different region.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'm weird and of limited experience, but I didn't find the two cities that much different to play in. Different, but not so much that it really affected my playing experience very much! But then, I've only ever played irrelevant, forgettable nobodies.

A consolidated playerbase sounds good though! I like the idea of rare roles seeming rarer, and regular folks like me being more regular.

Quote from: In Dreams on April 17, 2015, 12:35:06 PM
I'm weird and of limited experience, but I didn't find the two cities that much different to play in. Different, but not so much that it really affected my playing experience very much! But then, I've only ever played irrelevant, forgettable nobodies.

A consolidated playerbase sounds good though! I like the idea of rare roles seeming rarer, and regular folks like me being more regular.

I mean, really, life as a Commoner is kind of the same anywhere. Big difference was in Tuluk, you respect the Templarate out of fear for what they could do, and what you know they're capable of (but never see). In Allanak, you fear the Templarate out of respect for all the crazy shit they do and torture devices at hand. Bunch of sadists.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I was never really afraid for my life in Tuluk at any point (RPTs not withstanding). In Allanak, even as a fairly high-ranked PC, there was always that note of paranoia that kept things interesting.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 17, 2015, 12:57:36 PM
I was never really afraid for my life in Tuluk at any point (RPTs not withstanding). In Allanak, even as a fairly high-ranked PC, there was always that note of paranoia that kept things interesting.

Having seen the backend of Tuluk, you probably should have been.  However, Tuluk is nice in the sense that you won't have some random sociopath murdering you, just the establishment and its shadow artists, so, um, systematic sociopaths.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

April 17, 2015, 01:02:00 PM #510 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:04:52 PM by Malken

That's because 3/4 of the Allanaki characters have maxed out sneak and hide, full footpads + black cloak clothes and are all waiting for you to leave the Gaj.

The other 1/4 of the characters are gemmed 'gikers lesbos.

So if you're not either of that category, that leaves you with being that perma whiny guy who just wants to be wuv'ed and have babies.

Which one are you!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Decameron

Just an ordinary man, trying to do his thing in a world surrounded by mutants, abominations, monsters, and such.

Quote from: Malken on April 17, 2015, 01:02:00 PM

That's because 3/4 of the Allanaki characters have maxed out sneak and hide, full footpads + black cloak clothes and are all waiting for you to leave the Gaj.

So if you're not either of that category, that leaves you with being that perma whiny guy who just wants to be wuv'ed and have babies.

Which one are you!
That perma wuv who just wants to have 'full footpads' with gemmed babies, whiny guy and 'gicker lesbos. Consensual of course.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Limited edition Levy tattoos on sale now!

Edit: All the other sekrit tattoos too, actually.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Jihelu on April 17, 2015, 05:10:08 PM
Time to start hoarding Sun tattoos right?

Tried. Shut down. Failed. =\
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 17, 2015, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on April 17, 2015, 05:10:08 PM
Time to start hoarding Sun tattoos right?

Tried. Shut down. Failed. =\
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO HAVE 18 LEVY TATTOOS?"

Quote from: ShaLeah on April 17, 2015, 01:23:26 PM

Which one are you!
That perma wuv who just wants to have 'full footpads' with gemmed babies, whiny guy and 'gicker lesbos. Consensual of course.

WAIT... Now I know why Allanak was never exciting for me. I never managed to run into 1 'gicker lesbo with any of my characters there.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 17, 2015, 08:19:59 PM

Which one are you!

WAIT... Now I know why Allanak was never exciting for me. I never managed to run into 1 'gicker lesbo with any of my characters there.

PM for super sekrit gicker lesbo hangout location, 20$'s via paypal gets VIP access to the "Red Room."
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 17, 2015, 09:53:20 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 17, 2015, 08:19:59 PM

Which one are you!

PM for super sekrit gicker lesbo hangout location, 20$'s via paypal gets VIP access to the "Red Room."

April 18, 2015, 04:45:05 AM #520 Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:50:32 AM by Eurynomos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8g_xpqjHKU -- With this soundtrack?

This Red Room?

Because the action in Tuluk right now is giving me some seriously creepy "Twin Peaks" vibes.

Time to log in, Northerners.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

My experience is the literal and complete opposite.  I was never safe in Tuluk.  Almost every force wanted to discreetly manipulate and destroy me.  Allanak is not quite the same so far(like you mentioned, RPTs are a different story)
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 16, 2015, 01:16:36 AM
You don't need really high ranks in 2 or 3 organizations to aspire to. You need a half dozen organizations whose members can reasonably compete with each other. That's what drives conflict and plots.

+2

I totally agree.  For me at least, in a leadership position it is much more interesting and fun to devote more time to my whole clan competing with and conspire against another organization, rather  than me personally trying to compete and conspire against PCs in my own group so that I can move up the leadership ranks.  It also still leaves open the possibility for folks who are not in leadership to aspire to take me out and move into my position.  Conspiring against another group can build coherence and common goals among the clan and make it more fun.  With Tuluk closed, I think we need even more of these other groups. More groups = more fun and more opportunity. FUN is the bottom line. 
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Eurynomos on April 18, 2015, 04:45:05 AM

Because the action in Tuluk right now is giving me some seriously creepy "Twin Peaks" vibes.

This. Seriously.