Creating Meaningful Conflict (GMHs, Nobles, etc)

Started by Jeax, April 08, 2015, 01:34:40 PM

Quote from: Delirium on April 10, 2015, 02:32:50 PM
It's a rough spot. Those who would hand out plots often find themselves having to bend roleplay expectations to include city elves.

Can't speak for all folks who might play cElves, but whether it be cElves or any other race.  Please.  Please.  Do not do this.

A big part of the experience playing a pariah race is other races reacting accordingly to the presence of a gith/breed/cElf/mutant/gick.

Any cElf player worth their salt expects to be mistrusted.  They very likely anticipate being treated a certain way and revels in it when the armosphere treats them like the docs suggest they would be treated, eg with extreme distrust and general dislike.  Being treated like a sociopathic kelptomaniac might be a bit much, but to each their own.

The same, I would think, holds true for breed players.  They expect to be treated like dirt and kicked around.  It's when they're hugged and welcomed with open arms that the pof Breed is thinking... wtf just happened here?  Not when someone shoves them off their stool, because... breed.

Play to your character, the pariahs will thank you for it OOCly.

^That too^

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Trust me when I say some of those"pariahs" don't want to be pariahs, they want to be treated just like humans and will hate you for life if you don't treat them like they're your equal.

I've moved a pointless derail out of here into moderation.  Not only has it been discussed to death multiple times, it has derailed other threads.

Note that deliberately derailing a thread is considered trolling, and since this has come up before, it looks pretty deliberate.  Consider this a warning.  Further derails of this nature will be met by the rules of the board being enforced.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.