New games to spend cash on

Started by Saellyn, March 29, 2015, 03:41:06 AM

Since obsidian seems so worthless to some people (probably because they themselves perpetuate it), I think we can safely say that the solution is to add more shit to spend money on.

What shit should we spend money on?

Games.

More gambling games. Plays. Music. Things that would require some coding, sure, but give people a backdrop to do their RP with, or even just give them something else to do with their money. Competitions sounds like a good one.

Instance: Players bet money over who will win a competition in a certain game, then they go at it. Player A wins, so the pot goes to player A. Player B loses, so he gets a consolation tissue.

I've played a few pc's that spent all their coin on the gambling tents trying to make it out rich etc. You want gambling games though, make some? There's dice and Kruth and coins to flip, I played a pc that bet on EVERYTHING and never found a shortage of pc's willing to play along. Lots of the gambling games and whatnot you can totally handle without coding anything and just by getting other players involved.

While you can easily have a ranger with 15-20k in the bank that wants for nothing but things to spend coin on, this usually is going outside the games reality. Players making heaps of coin doesn't mean your average zalanthan has heaps of coin, catering to that only perpetuates it to continue.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

People who like to hoard sid are still going to hoard sid.
Alea iacta est

March 29, 2015, 05:22:24 AM #3 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:01:53 AM by Inks
I want to play find the silt pearl.

At the end of the day people want more coded games. I want to see armwrestling, or that game where you stand on a platform and try to strike another player to knock them off it, brought in so we can all enjoy them.

What IS that platform game anyways?

Quote from: Saellyn on March 29, 2015, 05:25:10 AM
At the end of the day people want more coded games. I want to see armwrestling, or that game where you stand on a platform and try to strike another player to knock them off it, brought in so we can all enjoy them.

What IS that platform game anyways?

Descending Sun

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'm pretty sure there was code for Descending Sun but I dunno why it's not around.

Armwrestling was, I imagine, abusable since you could bet on yourself. Half giant walks in and bets a thousand coins on himself and the script generates free money.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

When I was playing a Tuluki player a while ago I asked this in one of my character reports and was told that Arena Games happen in Tuluk from time to time virtually, though maybe not as frequently as in Allanak, but a PC Templar needs to sponsor games for PC teams. If you're in Tuluk totally bribe a Faithful for a Descending Sun game!

Also speaking of Tuluk there used to be a Mul in the back room of the Sanctuary who would take bets for arm wrestling!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Saellyn on March 29, 2015, 07:01:55 AM
Why isn't it ever played?

Hitting each other with padded sticks over a safety net is too violent/dangerous for Tulukis (to do in public).
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 29, 2015, 08:01:51 AM
Quote from: Saellyn on March 29, 2015, 07:01:55 AM
Why isn't it ever played?

Hitting each other with padded sticks over a safety net is too violent/dangerous for Tulukis (to do in public).

You guys probably play in Tuluk at bad times, this happens, trust me.

Quote from: Bushranger on March 29, 2015, 08:00:46 AM
If you're in Tuluk totally bribe a Faithful for a Descending Sun game!

Look what happened to them Faithful last time though.