We need more coded diseases in Arm.

Started by adriannetwork, March 27, 2015, 03:26:44 PM

Seriously. We have a robust herbal code. Yet you can only get sun stroke and poisoned? Imagine the constant RP opportunities and viability given to healing subguilds if we had more disease.

Post up the diseases you think we should codedly have!

We need Diarrhea, you can have a chance to get it from eating too many unprepared vegetable and fruit plants.
We need Salmonella, you can have a chance to get it from eating unprepared meats.

We need NPCs you can kank for a temporary boost in wisdom for the random chance of getting an STD.
We need a "kank" command to give a random chance of spreading such STD.

We need eye problems from the sun and wind and sand. It starts out as seeing only a two rooms away and over a long period of time if it is not treated it will result in permanent blindness.

We need a random chance of getting fleas if you quit out in a public dorm.

Infectious disease like a mild plague should exist only caught from getting bit by a rat in a fight and can be spread when "talking" to someone infected, or following someone infected.

There should be cosmetic infectious diseases like erdlu pox.

Chance of common cold if you're hungry too much.

Chance to develop a lingering cough if you go out into a standstorm without your hood protection up.

Some nutritional disease like scurvy or lack of vitamins and minerals from eating only travel cakes. (It could work like those foods being the cure to the disease and the first stage of the disease is coded without echos or draw backs, if it moves onto later stages)

Some of that already exists.

Some of it does not and I agree with most of what you have proposed.

I've always been a pusher for more diseases and sicknesses in Arm.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Why a temprary widsom boost? I don't get it.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 27, 2015, 09:27:53 PM
Why a temprary widsom boost? I don't get it.
It should be a temp endurance boost.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

After fifty uses or so, permanently boost some agility as well.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I agree - even if the disease has no coded effect, just an echo or a feel that is annoying - it would give physicians something to do and generate neat plots.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on March 27, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
I agree - even if the disease has no coded effect, just an echo or a feel that is annoying - it would give physicians something to do and generate neat plots.

Here, eat this root.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

That root is heathen! Here, say this prayer!

If basic diseases and their cures were coded, I think it would be best to just keep the messages short, sweet, and infrequent.  Maybe just a reminder, once, when you log in to the character:

Welcome to the world of Zalanthas.
You are currently infested with fleas.
You've been experiencing a chronically irritable stomach.

And the same messages whenever you type stat.

Otherwise, if I wanted to play a character with fleas (or other chronic conditions), I would have to suffer through an unending spam that can only start to get repetitious.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I'm positive you can get sand fleas with some work from staff, and they're very annoying.

Yes. Been there with sandfleas before.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Can't all of this just be RP'd?
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Combat can be RP'd. Staying out of sight can be RP'd.  Boozzing can be RP'd.

While I've seen people RP things like this before (and I don't really support some of the sillier ones), I'd definitely appreciate more diseases.  And more folk remedies for diseases that we already have.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I'm for anything that makes an increased need for 'healers' that are not gemmed.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger