Weapons out while Following Ranger

Started by RogueGunslinger, February 06, 2015, 09:34:55 AM

The storms just south of Tuluk are hell for direction sense. They have always seemed like they are in the wrong zone...
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Pfft. It's the Red Desert storms that eat RPTs alive.

I don't want to hear any shit-talking from anyone who hasn't lived in Red Storm. :P

South of Tuluk DOES get surprisingly bad weather... like, WOW, at times.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

You know why Red Storm is called Red Storm, right?

Because: muls on the beach!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

South Tuluk is a (literal) breeze compared to the Red desert and the scoria.

The tablelands, OTOH.. I don't think Heshrak even has a word for wind.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

The weather in the scoria seems to magickally never be clear. Ive always considered ot to be a bug.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Idk about that. The tablelands being somehow always unblemished seems to be legit, too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on February 06, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Idk about that. The tablelands being somehow always unblemished seems to be legit, too.

Uh, the tablelands get storms at least in a couple places. I know because I rolled a warrior D-elf once and it was super annoying.

Scoria is static, never changing. And it's annoying because of the spread out nature of the scoria. You can be at the gates of allanak (or along the road, because gates have weird weather too), all clear, move west one room and it's a storm, move west one more room and it's clear again.

Storms seem inconsistent as to how they cause scattering, aside from the location the storms arise in. I've never lost my bearings on the scoria, merely suffered from limited vision. Meanwhile, in other places, I can see two rooms in the distance and get blown to fuck and back.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword