Would you leave the game if Tuluk was made off-limits to players?

Started by Eyeball, February 04, 2015, 11:26:30 PM

Would you leave the game if Tuluk was made off-limits to players?

Yes, hasta la vista, Arm.
11 (13.6%)
Yes, at least for a while.
2 (2.5%)
No, but I'd be outright pissed
18 (22.2%)
No, but I don't think it's a good idea
24 (29.6%)
No, I think it would help the game.
21 (25.9%)
Just no.
5 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

I feel as if we've already taxed this discussion, and its time to move on to more plausible ideas. I like Zoans rotational idea. Staff announce they're focusing all their attention/plots/building on one area of the game. They allow you to play anywhere you like, but with the stipulation you'll probably be playing alone if you aren't playing under their current area. It could always rotate back to how it is now if people didn't like it.

On the one hand we have the sun king who more or less threw a party for one of the spies and made them an honorary noble. As a long time player of the old setting, I understood somethings like Lirathan needed to be changed but its was more than a bit jarring but I digress. On the other side we have Allanak, where the black robes, not Tek himself, just his servants apparently or so the story goes, threw a volcano across the known, seemingly effortlessly. Yeah, I would say Tuluk is pretty de-powered at the moment. Unless the players find Tek passed out drunk in the gaj, with a bottle having been pushed up his ass, I personally don't really feel Tuluk is any big threat to Allanak anymore.

Its not all bad though, as someone who wouldn't mind sorcerer-kings and overpowered immortal beings disappearing all together, I'd say the castration of tuluk is ultimately an interesting direction for the game. Maybe someday I might return to play in Tuluk, if things look interesting enough. Heck if the look command ever gets nerfed, I'd even try to play a real criminal there too.

Did I miss some log about the black robes throwing the volcano at the gypsies and not Tektolnes?

Quote from: MeTekillot on February 05, 2015, 05:51:47 PM
Did I miss some log about the black robes throwing the volcano at the gypsies and not Tektolnes?

Someone in Allanak threw it. Doesn't really say anywhere it was either. But for argument sake, sure lets say it was Tektolnes who threw it.  Doesn't really change much else.

Quote from: Dresan on February 05, 2015, 05:49:55 PM
where the black robes, not Tek himself, just his servants apparently or so the story goes,
Where is your source on this?

A volcano moved from Allanak to Tyn Darsha, with a large dragon seen flying from Allanak towards Tuluk beforehand. It can be reasonably assumed Allanak did something to magick the volcano over to where it is now.

I thought the dragon was Tektolnes? Or are we thinking it's the other dragon? Why is it black robes?

Saying find out IC is a dick move and something I don't endorse, but saying shut up seems perfectly appropriate.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Maybe the events at Tyn Dyshra were all part of Muk Uteps glorious plan and we should all stop questioning whose idea the volcano -really- was.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Tyn Dashra. The name of the place was Tyn Dashra.

- Love, a former Tan Muark staffer
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

One of my first PCs heard people refer to it as 'Ten Dashra' and always thought there were 10 of them.  (OK, let's be honest, OOCly I thought there were 10 of them.)  It was pretty funny now that I think about it.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Talia on February 05, 2015, 06:22:55 PM
Tyn Dashra. The name of the place was Tyn Dashra.

- Love, a former Tan Muark staffer

I was admiring the ruins of the once beautiful place recently...  T_T.

It is a place of great pride and sadness for me. Pride in that I helped end the gypsy scourge, but that it cost so many good characters to do it  :'(

You see, just before the volcano went off, the Akai S'jir, along with a team of shadow artists, quickly dismantled all the waterslides and packed them away into wagons, to transport them to the Pyramid for the Sun King's own secret water-park. Further, they've been pumping the water out of under-tuluk to keep the park running. It's the perfect crime.

Also holy shit I've been calling it Tyn Darsha this entire time, crap.

Just my 2 'sids worth. I LOVE Tuluk I'm sure most of you know this. Tuluk has been my preferred playing place since I started playing Armageddon. I don't believe I would stop playing if the starting location was removed. In fact this has happened in the past. When Allanak Occupied Tuluk it was removed as a starting location for all but Posted Roles. Many years later I am still here and playing Armageddon.

I play Armageddon for the game and the RP and for the way skills work. Not for Tuluk. Having said this, I have to say I would deeply saddened and upset if Tuluk were to ever disappear or change (become more like Allanak.)
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I'm confused by the derisive sentiment that Allanak is like a high school cafeteria.  High school cafeterias (and locker rooms, etc) have the stereotype that they do because they are populated by humans first discovering their own power, and who lack a filter (and appropriate shame) to realize (or care) what they sound like to other people.  That filter is later imparted through a modern society that is "fair-minded" and equality-driven.  Allanak is neither of these things.  Therefore, people would be highly unlikely to develop such a filter.  Therefore...wouldn't you sort of expect it to be like a high school cafeteria?  Might makes right, and I am the only person that matters.  That statement applies to the sentiment in both places in equal measure.  Now, if you just really don't enjoy the cafeteria, that's another animal entirely.

/derail
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

The cafeteria would be better if they'd just bring back fishsticks and pizza on Fridays.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

What are ya, a gay fish?

Quote from: Patuk on February 05, 2015, 09:15:01 PM
What are ya, a gay fish?

Wow, that took less than a minute.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I'd go for a that's what she said joke here, but there is a chance you got lady bits and that'd kinda ruin it.

I was always fond of slathering a chicken fried steak in those awful mashed potatoes and making a sandwich by ripping the roll in half.

Who's Tuluk?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.