Joining a clan.

Started by Trent, January 25, 2015, 04:06:43 AM

Is there a way to join  a clan pre game? I never see clans recruiting in game.

Local organizations trying to recruit will usually have a message up on a local board (usually found in a tavern). They're timestamped, so you can usually tell how fresh the advertisement is, and you can use the Way to contact whoever put up the ad (e.g., contact <character sdesc>) to try to talk to them about it.

There isn't a way to pre-join a clan that doesn't involve applying for a sponsored role, as far as I know. (I am still half a noob and may be wrong.)

Either that or certain tribes lets you pre-join the clan before your character goes IG.

But, the usual clans, such as GMH, your local militia, to noble houses and the Byn, may be constantly hiring. All you have to do is get the name of the leader in that clan and way him or her.
I ruin immershunz.

For the most part, no, not without sponsored roles or applying into a Tribe.  You could try using one of your special-applications to roll right into a clan, though you'd be more likely to start at recruitment level, and it would probably take more time waiting for the application to go through than it would be to just search out the clans in-game and get hired.

Clans often go through peaks and valleys. Likely you're just in a lull and need to tough it out. Possibly though you're in a bad timezone and might need to arrange a meeting OOCly through staff via the Request tool.

It used to be that if you searched for a clan leader for a couple days and were having trouble, a staff member could animate a character to hire you in, but I'm not sure if they still do that.

Generally though, if you're logging in somewhat consistently, people notice you, and are usually more than willing to share the names of leaders you need to seek out to get hired.

The best way is to ask around. It gives you a reason to interact with other PCs as well.  Networking is strong and you can often follow a trail of PCs to the bosses you want. Quite possibly you may get a job on your way there.
That beauty and truth should pass utterly

If you haven't already been going through the usual IC channels (going to the bars where those clan people are most likely to be, checking the tavern boards, attempting to use the Way to find people, asking non-clannies for help in getting a meet-up, those are the most common methods), then you should definitely try that.

If you have already gone through all the right IC channels with no success, consider that you might not want to be in those particular clans, at this point in time anyway. Reason: If the leader isn't ever around when you are, you won't have anyone to give you tasks/assignments. If the other clannies aren't around when you are, you'll have no one to do clan stuff with (training for one). 
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.