Nosave climb/nosave fall

Started by MeTekillot, January 09, 2015, 06:19:50 PM

A nosave that will make you never move into another climb room unless you pass the climb check. A critical climb fail could still cause you to fall into the next room. To denote when you are climbing very carefully.

Why would you not have this on all the time?

When you're being chased by something or are otherwise harried that you would be in a hurry and be actually likely to fall off a cliff due to your lack of caution.

Eh, I don't buy it. Wouldn't you just keep this on, then just mash U or D until you pass a climb-check? Would you still expend stamina on your attempts (in which case this is really no different from the code now)?

I'm just spitballing ideas for climbing up be the only moderately safe way to climb.

Tangential, but ... I would love it if you could see how challenging a climb is for your character - kind of like how you can see the quality of a tool by assessing it.

> l e
East of here is some rocky cliffs.
That is going to be a difficult climb.
[Near]
Nothing.

> l n
North of here is a shallow slope.
That will be a relatively easy climb.
[Near]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.

(but maybe there are no different difficulties in 'climb' and I was just imagining it)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I dig that assessment for climb.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I still don't know how someone can fall on their neck without falling on their head
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Watch Million Dollar Baby.

(then imagine there's stools in every room with an U tag)

Or that one scene in Breaking Bad.