Back after 6+ years

Started by Flying Erdlu, December 22, 2014, 10:06:25 PM

Hi, my name is Flying Erdlu. It has been 6 years since I last tasted the sweet taste of Armageddon. Until yesterday.....

It is amazing the addiction this game holds even after all that time. I'm hooked, once again!

And it is also incredible how fast it all comes back, syntax wise. Like riding a bike! But the rush of playing is almost like it's 1993 again.

Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Welcome back! Glad to see you're picking it up easily again. Now get in there and chop up some mutha fuckas.

Wait, flying erdlus.... I WANT ONE!!!!! Though I doubt my character could ride one.

On a more serious note: Welcome back! Glad you were able to pick things back up quickly.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Welcome back. You were one of my early mentors. :)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Hi.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

It is also amazing how many familiar names I still see around. I figured it would be a whole new crowd. Glad to see there are still many other old timers around!

(like little Mansa....dude, you were just in like Jr. High it seems!)

Welcome back, duder.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Really, it's been that long? Doesn't seem like it. Welcome back! Glad to see you around again! Now, where'd you leave your boots?  ;D

Err welcome back I mean
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Wow. I still remember kick in it elan pah style.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Welcome back. I just recently returned from my own six year hiatus or so. According to my first request msut have been right as the system went online or something.
21sters Unite!

Welcome back!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Welcome back.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Welcome back, Flying Erdlu.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Seeker on December 23, 2014, 10:18:35 AM
Welcome back, Flying Erdlu.

Seeker

We know it's you posting, Seeker.

Is Friday
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Some just like to sign there posts.  :)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Not I. I like to sign here posts.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

It's neither hear nor their.

Hey bud! Good to see you again :)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Welcome back, man.

Amish Overlord  8)

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Holy shit dude!

I was kinda new when you left, but we played together a little, and you rocked.

Welcome back!
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: bcw81 on December 23, 2014, 01:59:59 PM
Welcome back, man.

Amish Overlord  8)

one time I signed a report with "Amish Overlord 8)" and staff started signing their responses with "Amish Overlord 8)" and it was just confusing at that point because how do you even know who the real Amish Overlord is?

Amish Overlord  8)
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Will the Real Amish Overlord please stand up, please stand up?

Welcome back, Flying Erdlu!  You were a big help when I fist started playing, and I'm glad to see you return home.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 25, 2014, 09:27:42 AM #24 Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:44:42 AM by HavokBlue
ya'll act like you never seen an overlord before
packs all on the floor like amos and malik rough circle before
and started whooping yer ass worse than before
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody

Amish Overlord  8)

I think I remember Flying erdlu......

Ponders.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I remember X-D

I don't remember erdlu.
21sters Unite!

He went looking for the Halflings.

That was a while ago.

Erdlu, we gave your locker to Malik, you may have to fight him for it.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Belated welcome back! Returning after such an absence is always fun, enjoy the ride. :)
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

Welcome back!  Game on!

....also...

Quote from: Rathustra on December 25, 2014, 10:26:29 AM
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody

Amish Overlord  8)

Really?! Now I am humming that damn dinosaur song!  Curses! *shakes fist*

craft erdlu into veteran evil doer

Yessssss
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.