Crafting Recipe distinction syntax

Started by Eluin, December 01, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

So. Given the following two recipes...

You could make a couple of long arrowshafts from that.
You could make a long arrowshaft from that.

... How can I use the second recipe? "A long arrowshaft" complains about having two matches because it hits the first one with every keyword too. I can get the recipe for two just fine by using "couple", which is fine in regards to using the material most efficiently anyway, but... Inquiring minds want to know.

December 01, 2014, 04:16:15 PM #1 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:20:49 PM by Molten Heart
"craft <thing> into couple of long arrowshafts" or use "arrowshafts" alone.

You whatever's unique should work.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

'Craft <Thing> Arrowshaft' should create the one. Arrowshafts should create two or more. There are a few recipes that are impossible to make because of this kind of error. I think staff said to bug the items in question if you saw them.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

whoops double post

-James Brown

Nope. singular arrowshaft still picks up the arrowshafts.

Edit: Should have made that clear in the first post, I tried that already before asking.

Edit 2: Oh alright, will bug then.

December 01, 2014, 04:38:13 PM #5 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:39:49 PM by Molten Heart
Quote from: Eluin on December 01, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

Edit: Should have made that clear in the first post, I tried that already before asking.

How about "craft <thing> into a long"?  That might do it.

-James Brown

[useless reply!] :)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Molten Heart on December 01, 2014, 04:38:13 PM
Quote from: Eluin on December 01, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

How about "craft <thing> into a long"?  That might do it.

If this doesn't work try "craft <thing> into arrowshaft " (with a space at the end.)

-James Brown

If the singular form of arrowshaft is picking up both, you might want to >bug this ingame. They should make a distinction like one long arrowshaft that way you can do >cra <material> into one.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

This bugs me when I find it, so in response I should bug it back, but I don't always, and say, fuck it, it's been broken this long, someone else can report it.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I always bug them. Then bug them again with each subsequent PC that wants to make those pants or gloves :(. I am starting to feel like a pessimist.)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on December 03, 2014, 05:01:05 PM
I always bug them. Then bug them again with each subsequent PC that wants to make those pants or gloves :(. I am starting to feel like a pessimist.)

It'd be neat to get a ticket with a bug, so you could track its status.  I know I've bugged things multiple times (oops), and a few bugs were kind of important to what my PC was doing (and I tried the thing over and over, and I could tell staff was messing with it because results were varied, but not working right).  I guess there's the Bug Request on the website, but it's easier to bug things IG.  (And I'm a little confused about when I should use BUG and when the Bug Request.)
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

There are two bug options in the request tool.  One is for critical game bugs.  This is for things that are either crashing the game, creating major vulnerabilities, or the like, and they need staff attention.  The other is for a website bug/typo/idea and should also be used sparingly (but for different reasons).  The request tool isn't meant to be a bug, typo, or idea repository.  If you see a website thing that needs to be fixed or addressed, this would be the place to do it.  If you have an idea for something that would be a minor fix, it might be okay for the request tool as well.  We may resolve such requests by saying "thanks for the idea, we've idea'd it in-game", which may mean that it's an idea but it's cluttering the request tool and we aren't going to get around to it anytime soon.

Everything else should be bug/typo/idea in-game, because it's low priority and ultimately does not keep you from playing and enjoying the game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Eluin on December 01, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

... How can I use the second recipe? "A long arrowshaft" complains about having two matches because it hits the first one with every keyword too. I can get the recipe for two just fine by using "couple", which is fine in regards to using the material most efficiently anyway, but... Inquiring minds want to know.

From what I've seen in the game, anytime it shows you more than one crafting option, and the entirety of one option's text is included in another's, then you can't make it.  I don't know why it does that, its just how it works.  I don't know why you would want to make only one arrowshaft from material you are skilled enough to make more from.  But if you do need to make only one, I suggest trying a different material? 

Quote from: icewindsong on December 20, 2014, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: Eluin on December 01, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

From what I've seen in the game, anytime it shows you more than one crafting option, and the entirety of one option's text is included in another's, then you can't make it.  I don't know why it does that, its just how it works.  I don't know why you would want to make only one arrowshaft from material you are skilled enough to make more from.  But if you do need to make only one, I suggest trying a different material? 

I believe in this specific example, you could

craft branch into a long arrowshaft

and it'll make just one.

The plural would be

craft branch into couple long arrowshafts

The article makes the difference, if I remember right.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Been a while, but I did bug it. And has been repeatedly stated Lizzie, that did not work.

Icewindsong: I wanted to make one at the time because I felt (both IC and ooc) that I succeeded more often making just one as opposed to two, enough that it resulted in more succesful shafts despite the potential loss of efficiency.

Did you try a space after "arrowshaft"?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I tried multiple variations including some which did not have arrowshaft as the last word, therefore placing a space after it, yes.