I know this is my problem, but

Started by kubbid, October 28, 2014, 04:40:53 AM

I rent an apartment, she gives me the key , it works, I use the apartment, and with 85 days rent still to go, with her still giving me the key, it does not work and i cannot get in to my room.
Tell me it's the game and laugh at me and i will be satisfied. I just want to  know it is not a coding glitch.

thanks
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. Nothing matters very much and few things matter at all.

I  don't know much about apartments, so, silly question.
Are you sure it's the right door? Right floor?

I think so. It worked a dozen times, then stopped, with heaps of rental time still left. i retraced my steps back and forth from BV to the door, via the girl who gives me the key each time and it is the same cupboard under the stairs. I just can't get in.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. Nothing matters very much and few things matter at all.

For my own two-cents, it sounds like there's a bug.  Maybe they changed what key opens it, but not what key the rentor gives you? Or vice-versa.  Either way you should probably bug report it in game, and/or via the request tool.

It's hard to tell what your issue is. Are you targeting correctly? If your apartment is to the west, you'll need to type..

unlock door west
open door west

If you type this..

unlock door
open door

..the game will assume you're opening the first door in a clockwise pattern (north door, east door, south door, west door).

Submit it as Game Related -> Bug if the problem persists. You can give the full details there, I'd avoid mentioning room names, or other stuff that might clue people in on who you're playing, here.

Try walking out so that your key is handed to the NPC, and then walk back in so that she gives you a new one.

Sometimes there is a bug; when the other person renting the apartment pays the rent, it resets the keys and yours will no longer work.

Make sure you are doing what WWYD is suggesting.  That looks like the problem--the game things you are trying to unlock a door that is just the first one in the room rather than the one you want.  Target a direction, like "unlock door west".
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Do the "order" of doors flip like other saved objects after a reboot?

I think so.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: solera on October 28, 2014, 01:33:37 PM
Do the "order" of doors flip like other saved objects after a reboot?

No, I'm sure it's fixed.  Containers like chests and bags will flip, but not doors.  It's like WWYD says (apartments that open north should cost extra, since you only have to "unlock door" :) )...
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Hi everyone,
  many thanks for all the advice and info. I suspect it might have been a temporary bug, because it is working now. I tried everything suggested, including the 'give up key, leave , come back in', and the  'unlock s' ones.

"when the other person renting the apartment pays the rent....."

Aaah. That explains so much.