Question on the History of Noble Houses in Both Cities

Started by Barsook, October 02, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

I hope this is NOT a find out IC question, but how did the noble houses in Allanak rise.  Did Tek chose the families like the Sun King or did he allow families to compete for the place?

Also, were there Chosens in Old Tuluk before the Allanaki take over?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I've found out things about the origins of some of the noble houses IC.

I do believe it's safe to say, though, that the Tuluki houses did exist before the occupation.  One of the big things during the occupation was preserving their bloodlines, which lead to the current taboo on cross-class kanking.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 02, 2014, 03:25:30 PM
I do believe it's safe to say, though, that the Tuluki houses did exist before the occupation.  One of the big things during the occupation was preserving their bloodlines, which lead to the current taboo on cross-class kanking.

That's what I was thinking too.  But I bet those nobles weren't called Chosens or were they?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Good question.  At the very least, since the Rebellion, they used the terms Chosen/Faithful.

If it's not on the website (the chronology has hints at stuff) or in the clan documentation for non-nobles (assuming anyone is privy to such), then you should find out IC by asking a noble. They usually know stuff about the origins of their house. This is particularly true in the north, with its tribal flavor and house pride based on that.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

There were nobles in Old Tuluk, House Reyolte was one.

Referring to or addressing Tuluki nobles as "Chosen" seems to be something new that started the emergence of "New Tuluk".
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on October 02, 2014, 04:45:37 PM
Referring to or addressing Tuluki nobles as "Chosen" seems to be something new that started the emergence of "New Tuluk".

That is correct, and there's an IC reason! That can be found out IC :)
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on October 02, 2014, 05:21:13 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on October 02, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

That is correct, and there's an IC reason! That can be found out IC :)

Thank you for clarifying.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA