October spooky vote time!

Started by solera, October 01, 2014, 01:39:03 PM

PEOPLE!

TMS October. Five of us have voted us into 25th.
Eighty five have voted the No.1 spot

It's time for October spooky vote time!

If you don't vote, something spooky will happen!  Spooky things!

Vote for Arm on TMS and TMC!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Meh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I voted, but spooky things happened anyway.  :(

I didn't vote and my modem died. Yours can be next

Happy morning!  Go vote.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Four more votes and we can overtake Lusternia on TMS! Get to voting!

Six votes out of the top ten.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Hi, it's morning, do voting.

We're #9. Last month we were down around ... 19 or 20?!?!

Don't slack, team.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Voted!
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

We need three votes, right now.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

We're beating Lusternia.  Good.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

9th is good.
8th would be better.
5 votes, now!

We're doing better in the vote game than we have done in a long time!
Let's keep it up! Vote!!!

Come on guys! Lets gun for ninth place!

Quote from: Araza on October 06, 2014, 03:22:33 PM
Come on guys! Lets gun for ninth place!

9th, and 4 votes away from 8th!

I know these posts can seem spammy, but we can easily keep up this momentum if we want to!

Don't forget TMC
We can take back first with a push!

Quote from: Barzalene on October 06, 2014, 10:12:56 PM
Don't forget TMC
We can take back first with a push!

And don't just "don't forget TMC."  That's where a lot of our visibility comes from!

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Does it matter if we vote, and then click on the actual link to go to the website?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Yesterday 20 behind, today only fifteen. We could take 1st back.

7th in TMS and climbing!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

15 votes out of 1st on TMC
7 votes out of 6th on TMS

Hey, I'm working so hard on being less of a cynic that I even made an account on TMC and voted!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Yay!

Malkin is why we're winning. And all you other awesome people ... we are rolling this month.

8 votes out of first. If everyone who voted today votes tomorrow we can take it back, maybe. If not tomorrow, Saturday.

Quote from: Malken on October 09, 2014, 12:46:00 PM
Hey, I'm working so hard on being less of a cynic that I even made an account on TMC and voted!

For which Mud?   :D
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

4 votes down from overtaking #6.

We just dropped two positions on TMS, now in eighth.

That's some buuuuuuullshit.

C'mon guys, 2-3 more votes and we get 6th. Let's get this done.

One vote from sixth on TMS

Let's make all those Gemstone IV players wonder why they pay a subscription for that crap. Maybe some of them will try out Arma!

Still 1 vote from #6.  Someone put us over the top!

Quote from: valeria on October 10, 2014, 10:34:52 AM
Still 1 vote from #6.  Someone put us over the top!
Yes Ma'am.

Fredd-

One from 1st TMC!

Quote from: Barzalene on October 10, 2014, 11:35:35 AM
One from 1st TMC!

Still one after my vote!

Someone make an account and vote, stat!

I violated one of my rules and voted at work. We're now at 615 vs 616 for 1st.

We're #1! We're #1!

Up by three votes. Awesome, but scary.

On the TMC page for Arm this is on it:

QuoteMinimum Players: 74 - 99

What does it mean?  It seems to be wrong since peak is like 50 - 60 players now.
Fredd-

That's been pointed out before, I think the answer was it's a pain in the butt to change anything.  I mean we went years without a change to the flavor text under the vote link.

Aardwolf wants first back. They're on our heels.

This thread is really helping me remember to vote. Thanks for keeping it up, guys!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Vote you dogs. We're like 6 away from going up a rank on TMS.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I voted, have you?
Fredd-

We are doing great this month. Keep up the good work!!!!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Let's reclaim 6th, guys. Five more votes!

Quote from: Araza on October 15, 2014, 09:49:02 AM
Why are we 7th? Vote guys!

Because I just woke up, gimme a minute to drink my coffee and I'm bringing us back to 6th, no worries!

4 votes away from #6 on TMS! 

Quote from: valeria on October 17, 2014, 08:57:39 AM
4 votes away from #6 on TMS! 

Tied now! (2 of those votes were mine, COME ON GUYS.)

I voted! Your turn.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

HEY!

We ain't quitters. Let's get to it.

4 votes from #6 on TMS... again  ;)

Not voting? No one to blame but yourself if the kids tp your house.

Quote from: Barzalene on October 22, 2014, 08:18:05 AM
Not voting? No one to blame but yourself if the kids tp your house.

And when The Carrion Fields takes #7 from us.  Sigh.  SIGH.  :'(

Guys.  Hey guys.  Pst.... go vote.  ;D

Pst.  You can vote twice a day on TMS.  ;)

14 votes out of 6th

Hey! What happened? Voting isn't a thing any more? 9th?

October 27, 2014, 04:43:49 PM #70 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:07:22 PM by wizturbo
Cross posting this from random ideas:

Top Mud Sites copy for ArmageddonMud:

Zalanthas: a harsh low-technology desert where settlements and shelter are few and far between, and once you're within the walls, you may not actually be any safer. Over two decades old, this Roleplay Intensive MUD is free to play. New website!

The copy on TMS is perhaps a bit stale now.   Suggested rewrite (warning, I'm not good at this):

Murder, corruption and betrayal await you in Zalanthas, a harsh, low-technology desert world ruled by warring Sorcerer-Kings.   A challenging, Roleplay Intensive MUD with more than 20 years of high quality development.  Completely free to play.

Wanted to highlight Murder, Corruption, and Betrayal first and foremost, with the war between the Sorcerer-Kings also driving that sense of conflict.  Also wanted to highlight that Armageddon is challenging relative to other muds, I've found people are drawn to a challenge...and lets be honest, anyone who isn't probably won't make it very far.  Lastly, free to play is now associated with "hidden costs to play" so I wanted to clarify that's not the case.

Could also be cool to get an icon thingy next to our name.  All the "big boys" in the top 5-6 tend to have them.  It's $5/month.  I know someone who does pixel-art from work, maybe I can convince them to make an icon if staff are cool with doing this?

Need to step up voting. We halved our lead on TMC and fell behind on TMS. We have to vote...more. By voting. Vote.

40 ahead on Fri. Now 9. 9th place. Maybe we could all vote!

When you guys bump this, it's really helpful to me. Thanks for keeping up the reminders!

I know it's the end of the month, but let's get pumped up for next month!

Is TMC broken?

Quote from: Barzalene on October 30, 2014, 10:20:40 AM
Is TMC broken?

Yep. Guess the owner didn't pay his monthly "Jesus Saves" banner fee. Jesus isn't happy.