Ideas for Jails and Crimcode

Started by RogueGunslinger, September 15, 2014, 10:42:49 AM

Hah, that's a good point.

Rotten petoch is like a feast to some people in Nak.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 18, 2014, 02:41:31 PM
Hah, that's a good point.

Rotten petoch is like a feast to some people in Nak.

That's what makes it so great. Imagine nobles getting their tee-hees by throwing things at prisoners in the stocks...or making their minions throw gross things. It's very Marie Antoinette.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Poop is free.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

That is what makes poop glorious in ArmageddonMUD.

You can shit sid.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 17, 2014, 01:11:15 PM
A work around to that might be to make the stockade a room within the room, that everyone can look in to and watch. Sort of like the animal cages, or sparring ring rooms that were set up before the HRPT for those who were there.

That's how I was thinking, especially for the gibbets or gallows.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Love the stockade idea. That's gold.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 21, 2014, 08:59:21 AM

Yeah, I really like the idea of criminal punishment being public in Allanak.
It rides along well with how public executions are done.
Keeping your prisoners hidden away in secret. That just sounds too.... Tuluki.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yes, it is golden. Let's bribe someone with a 12 pack of beer. Maybe even 24.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 21, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Yes, it is golden. Let's bribe someone with a 12 pack of beer. Maybe even 24.

I reckon they would do it for a couple pints.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Are the four poles in Allanak something that has code attached to them for holding a character in place? If so maybe that can just be copied and reskinned. (I am probably way wrong here)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I believe it works like subdue code. Seems to break if the person being held is attacked.

Quote from: Harmless on September 24, 2014, 03:58:57 AM
Are the four poles in Allanak something that has code attached to them for holding a character in place? If so maybe that can just be copied and reskinned. (I am probably way wrong here)

I think it'd be pretty public knowledge that that thing is what Allanak uses to execute people publically.

September 24, 2014, 05:06:08 PM #89 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:08:14 PM by Desertman
It does not codedly hold you in any way. However, if someone emotes strapping you into it (a Templar), you are required to not flee/walk away, even if you are being killed, until whoever has strapped you in emotes unstrapping you.

I would personally prefer if it codedly held you and gave you a small chance to wiggle out/get away in some fashion based on your flee/agility/sleight-of-hand etc...
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I'm pretty sure it has code to hold you.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 24, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it has code to hold you.

Confirmed.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

My mistake. I know at one point it didn't. Sounds like a good change.

Quote from: Desertman on September 25, 2014, 10:14:22 AM

It always has.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

September 25, 2014, 10:41:43 AM #94 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:45:11 AM by Desertman
Quote from: Nyr on September 25, 2014, 10:15:38 AM

It always has.

Huh. Very interesting. I assumed it did, and fled from it once wondering if I could escape...I did...but was informed I shouldn't have. I just always assumed it didn't actually hold you since you weren't supposed to try and get away from it. I just assumed it was a, "You are held, even if it isn't codedly held, so....just sit there.".

Quote from: Desertman on September 25, 2014, 10:41:43 AM

It always has.

Huh. Very interesting. I assumed it did, and fled from it once wondering if I could escape...I did...but was informed I shouldn't have. I just always assumed it didn't actually hold you since you weren't supposed to try and get away from it. I just assumed it was a, "You are held, even if it isn't codedly held, so....just sit there.".

I'd recommend reviewing that incident because you may be misremembering what occurred and why it was problematic.

September 25, 2014, 11:24:33 AM #96 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:35:29 AM by Desertman
Quote from: Nyr on September 25, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

It always has.

I'd recommend reviewing that incident because you may be misremembering what occurred and why it was problematic.

No, I know why it was problematic after the fact. That isn't what I'm saying.

I just always assumed since I was able to get away that I was never codedly held by the thing, which is why I said above, "I know it doesn't hold you." (which is apparently incorrect). As for that incident, I fled fully expecting to be told I wouldn't be able to move..(while simultaneously hoping there was an escape artist code chance in place or something)..and then much to my surprise I did heh.

When a Templar asks if you need a hug...
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Desertman on September 25, 2014, 11:24:33 AM
Quote from: Nyr on September 25, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

It always has.

No, I know why it was problematic after the fact. That isn't what I'm saying.

I just always assumed since I was able to get away that I was never codedly held by the thing, which is why I said above, "I know it doesn't hold you." (which is apparently incorrect). As for that incident, I fled fully expecting to be told I wouldn't be able to move..(while simultaneously hoping there was an escape artist code chance in place or something)..and then much to my surprise I did heh.

It does hold you.

If someone lets you off of it, you're not held anymore.

That's a cool piece of code, thanks.