Bad Aliases

Started by Tamarin, September 15, 2003, 06:57:38 PM

I discovered that I can lock myself into 'gone mode' by aliasing 'gone' to a command such as 'gone afk'.  Typing 'gone' now sends 'gone afk', which isn't recognized by 'gone mode'.  All I get in response to anything I type of course is "You are gone, remember?"  Perhaps certain commands should not be aliasable...or perhaps gone mode shouldn't prevent you from sending commands.  It only changes your ldesc.

Thoughts?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Bug this in game please.

I can't!  I'm stuck in gone mode and can't do anything.

Why did you Alias Gone anyway?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Why don't you try "gon" or "Gone" or "gOne" ..?  You should be able to get out of it.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

To delete the alias, type "alias gone" with no further argument.

I think his problem is that typing that will tell him:

You are gone, remember?

Here's hoping it works though.

Quote from: "Lazloth"Why don't you try "gon" or "Gone" or "gOne" ..?  You should be able to get out of it.

Three step procedure.  The case sensitivity was tested and found lacking.

#1.) Drop the -e.  Type [g] then [o] then [n].  
#2.) Hit [RETURN].  
#3.) Reply "Thank you, Laz."
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I've had the same problem using the game defined aliases.
alias 1 draw dagger
alias 2 draw steel  :)

type
draw dagger
What?

draw steel
What?

draw sword
What?

think Shit! Someone stole my steel sword!

eq
worn on belt    an uber strong steel sword
worn on belt    an envy causing, assassination quickening steel dagger

OOCthink Huh? ... ... ...  Aliases!

You draw an uber strong steel sword

I never thought about bugging it in game.  If it's a game alias, just unalias gone, that should solve it.

ShaLeah
-who just read that the advice has been given already and is still gonna post.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "ShaLeah"ShaLeah
-who just read that the advice has been given already and is still gonna post.
The guy is stuck in gone mode because he aliased gone to parse gone afk.  Your advice is akin to telling the teenager, whose car is broken down and is looking for a AAA phone number, not to put leaded gasoline into his fuel tank.

Lazloth
-who wonders if people bother to read threads or remain genetically moved to post cutesy unrelated anecdotes.

QuoteThe guy is stuck in gone mode because he aliased gone to parse gone afk. Your advice is akin to telling the teenager, whose car is broken down and is looking for a AAA phone number, not to put leaded gasoline into his fuel tank.

Lazloth
-who wonders if people bother to read threads or remain genetically moved to post cutesy unrelated anecdotes.

Fucking classic.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

That reminds me of the guy who subdued himself.

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Lazloth

Touche. :oops:

Obviously I didn't think it through so maybe the Imms can take it as an idea.
The ability to still define aliases and make wishes while in gone more.

ShaLeah
-who thinks Lazloth achieved cute when he mocked my little after statements.   :wink:
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Subdued himself? Please, please elaborate...

:lol:
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.