Which MUD Client to use?

Started by PatMcV, August 25, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

So I figured this might be best under the new player questions.  But I've just been using the website client so far and I know that while it works there are programs out there designed to run MUD's with features to make life a little easier, like a spell check. So I was wondering if some players could chime in about what they use and why they like it?

Also loving the game and the community so far.

Mudlet is good for all OS's- Widows, Linux, Mac alike.  MUSH Client is a good Windows one.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

August 25, 2014, 04:46:31 PM #2 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:50:19 PM by Quirrilicious
I use JMC - Java Mud Client. It's a light weight Windows client, super simple to use, and supports highlights, triggers, variables, aliases, and logging. About the only thing it doesn't have which I could possibly want would be the timers that MushClient has. Plus, it has a cute, little green monster for its icon.

Download JMC here.

If you use Mac I recommend TinTin+.

Mudlet is good for windows, linux, mac. It has several nice features and there's an infobar out that another player created. You can find the information for it here: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,46301.0.html
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Mushclient is great. Use that always.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

tintin++ is full command line, will work on mac, linux, or PC, and is basically for real mudders. :p
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

What kind of logging capabilities does it have?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

If I were coming new to clients I would choose mudlet.

My issues with mushclient are no split screen and I don't think it auto spell checks as it goes. (I could be wrong about that though)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: LauraMars on August 25, 2014, 06:14:52 PM
What kind of logging capabilities does it have?

I made an action trigger to automatically log whenever I connect to the game. I have never missed logging a sesison
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

zMUD 4.62 for LIFE.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau