Hopefully not a stupid question.

Started by Jondd19, August 01, 2014, 10:33:29 PM

Hello, a bit over a year ago I checked Armageddon out, made an account and a char, but I got distracted without spending any time at all on it. Recently, I rediscovered the game and decided to try it again. After I finally found my old user name and password, I realized that I still had a character alive somehow. This was unfortunate for me, as I had no idea where I was going with that one, and I had been planning, after reading up on info on the website to make a completely new character with that info in mind. Is there any way to delete my old character I made when I first made my account?

Yup. Use the request tool on the main site (login in the top right, click the silhouette and go to requests - find 'Storage'). This'll take your character out of the world and let you make a new one.
Part-Time Internets Lady

Might I ask how long it will take for the character to become stored? Or is it instant?

It can take a little while, because only higher ranking staff members can store characters.  Sometimes it takes a day or more.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Welcome back!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: QuillDipper on August 01, 2014, 10:41:15 PM
Yup. Use the request tool on the main site (login in the top right, click the silhouette and go to requests - find 'Storage'). This'll take your character out of the world and let you make a new one.

Clarifying since the above might be misunderstood by a new player:

It doesn't automatically take your character out of the game world. It sends a request to staff asking them to take it out. A staff member available might see the request and resolve it right away, or it might take a couple of days. So if you aren't able to make a new character yet and your old one is still around, don't be discouraged. Just give it a little more time for them to get to it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Thank you all for the help. I suppose I will just obsessively check my profile on the mud every few hours haha.

Quote from: Jondd19 on August 01, 2014, 10:56:18 PM
Thank you all for the help. I suppose I will just obsessively check my profile on the mud every few hours haha.

I usually check my e-mail when I'm waiting for storage. That way I never have to worry about the staff hitting the "store lizzie's character" button at the same time I'm hitting the "list of characters" button. I always worry something like that happening would crash the game and corrupt my player file. If I keep my e-mail client open it'll flash when I get a new e-mail, so I only have to tab over to see it, and don't have to miss out on reading forums and playing Kingdom of Loathing or chatting with people.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

24 hours now with no luck :( hope it happens soon.

Quote from: Jondd19 on August 02, 2014, 08:53:15 PM
24 hours now with no luck :( hope it happens soon.

They have a blacklog of requests to deal with.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Backlog, sorry.
Fredd-

No, you are not.  You need just to wait a bit longer.

Anyways, check you e-mail:

QuoteCharacter Related    Storage    5    3.22 days
Fredd-

Next time you take a break try typing >bio 1

That will bring up your initial background that you had to write and keep you up to speed.

I remember not knowing about this and having two different backgrounds; one that was in my biography and one that I thought I had.

Oh, to have the relative innocence of the non-murdering, sane newbie again.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.