Getting over Hour Zero and general Newb fustrations.

Started by rodic, July 06, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

Tablelands, probably.

That said, 'the Pah' has been popularized IC for some fity or more IC years by the elves and those who had to deal with them, enough so that I don't find it out of place in civilized society.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Just to go full pedant mode, technically only Allundean speakers would call it "the Pah". Calling it that doesn't make any sense in Sirihish, and given the connotations, is actually probably fairly insulting coming from a roundear.  "Pah" also has a number of different uses depending on context - elves who aren't being lazy or prefer to avoid ambiguity would call it the Abi'li Pah.

Everyone else who isn't a 'necker knows it as "the tablelands".

Ah, well. I stand corrected. Don't call it the Pah.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: rodic on July 06, 2014, 03:28:33 PM

Sure the sense of danger is fun at first, but its frustrating... Your character progress can be easily stunted, or worse killed and then you start from square one... AGAIN.

It's good to read your comments, Rodic, and the discussion it stimulates. 
As for  this fun sense of danger , outside the walls of  Allanak is dangerous, that is why they built the walls. Sane people don't hunt here  alone.  Fact.
(sane=vpc ;) )

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 07, 2014, 03:26:08 AM
Ah, well. I stand corrected. Don't call it the Pah.
All it takes is one elf-to-human translation of the word in-game for it to become slang, and after a while,  an accepted nickname/psuedonym outside of elven races. It's not like that would never happen, regardless of it being offensive to elves.

Likely the name spreading from elves to humans in-game is part of how it became popular as "the Pah" in the first place.

Quote from: Jingo on July 07, 2014, 12:51:20 AM
Just don't call it the "pah". Every time a non-elf says that I wanna shoot myself.

Don't let me stop you.  The Pah it stays. 

Aaaaannnnd..to get this thread back on track..it's a great place for a relative newcomer to play no matter what you call it.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."