Nub And Loving it.

Started by WanderingOoze, June 30, 2014, 11:50:16 AM

Well, I wasn't Sure where to post something like this....But Ive seen others posting their 'HI Guys!Im NEW HERE' threads here and not actually be asking questions, without getting yelled at....so I guess Its ok. So here goes, HI Guys! Im NEW HERE!.

I just wanted to say that Ive already gone through two PC's by blundering around blissfully unaware of how truly harsh the world is,  despite countless warnings in the docs I thought "Lol...yeah right it cant be that bad."  So many games emphasize how difficult and challenging their worlds are, and nine times out of ten they are just blowing so much smoke. Coddling newbies/having newbie-specific areas where one can frolic around without much danger of actual consequence.  I really enjoyed both of my PC's experiences, without going into detail... They both died in completely different and unique ways, for absolutely separate reasons which was great! My second death was particularly glorious for being so unexpected. The first time around I was sort of 'yeah..hes gonna die." the second PC was  caught quite unaware and it really drilled home the fact that death is always just around the corner. Im looking forward to having my current app approved, and leading my newest creation into finding his grisly end (hopefully it lives a -tiny- bit longer this time)

I fell in love with the world immediately from chargen, The available guilds and sub guilds are nice, even the ones as a karma-less newb are able to access give so much potential variety for characters that I look forward to trying as many combinations as I can. The coding is amazing, even the few little tricks and nifty commands that Ive found surpass any other MUD ive played so far. The world itself is beautiful in its eloquent descriptions of a bleak harsh landscape. Its easy to see why this game has been around for so long with a dedicated player base. It has me wondering "How the fuck am I -just now- learning about this game?" 
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Welcome!  We're glad you're here!  I think it's great that you've died twice but are already looking forward to that third character.  Not everyone likes permadeath, but I think it's the best way to get hooked on the game.  The helpers are a great resource for new players, ask them anything!  You can ask questions here on the forums if there's no helpers online, too, and someone will usually answer quite quickly. 

Above all...read the website!  Then read it again.  There's a wealth of information and it will take awhile to process it all, but just keep reading.

Good luck, I look forward to looting your corpse in the future.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Dibs on your next pair of boots!

Srsly though, welcome. Don't worry too much about your PC's longevity or character count, it's rarer to have a long-lived first few characters than not.

:-*

This warms the cockles of my old veteran heart. Glad you're here and glad you're hooked! Welcome to the fold.

I liked reading this post a lot. Similar to the game Dwarf Fortress, it is best to expect to learn by doing, and dying, because we heavily emphasize "finding out in character," which I see you already embrace. This is an excellent RPI mud, with a similar combined emphasis on realism and in-depth roleplay, but it also allows for a kind of casual exploration that I have never seen in any other game. It is rewarding on many levels.

It sounds like you have a great attitude, which is going to really help you out as you keep playing. We're all really glad to have you.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

New favorite newbie.

Come play with me! I'll kill you!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Thanks everyone for your welcomes, well wishing, advice, and especially the offers of murder and looting! I look forward to plotting against you.  :D

Well, at least Everybody that posted above is safe to plot against.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'm certainly safe to plot against. Welcome to Armageddon.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I'm completely safe to plot against. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Never betrayed nobody.

I'm safe to plot against, but you have to get in a very long line.

But, Where is the fun in plotting against people if its safe?

RGS is lying, he is as bad as me. But with a smaller boot collection.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job