Shields, and Drawing Non-Weapons

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, June 17, 2014, 06:23:12 PM

Shields, like weapons, should not be able to be resized. Anything with numerical dimensions in the main description should not be able to be resized. Shields should all have those dimensions so that we can picture them accurately, and consequently, they should not be able to be resized.

You should also be able to draw anything you can wear and hold, like merchant rods etc, from your belt or whatnot.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

While Shield dimensions may not be resized, the arm strapping can and should be resized. Some will require more leather bands to hold the shield steady, others have enough strength in their wrist alone, they can keep that shield proper with a little leather strip in the center. Stuff like that.

PS: ... Shields can be codedly resized? Never ever ever even tried.

The size affects whether or not it can be worn on your back, IIRC.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yes but it also changes the weight of it, as far as I ... fuck it. I'll make sure before I go further.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If a dwarf is using a shield described as tall/taller as a man, yeah, that's a bit off.

b-b-b-b-but muh exceptional strength

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on June 18, 2014, 08:10:29 PM
Yes but it also changes the weight of it, as far as I ... fuck it. I'll make sure before I go further.

That, I did not know. Would have saved much heartache with my shitty-strength PCs. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A dwarf using a man-sized shield? I always envisioned that as something like those wedge robots that were so popular in robot wars, just angle the shield at them, charge, laugh as they land on their neck.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword