Sleight of Hand / Stealth update

Started by Tiernan, May 04, 2014, 08:39:25 PM

I have not seen a rash of anything recently (though if I did I'm sure I'd visit a physician. Bazinga!)

I would welcome your elf pickpocket to the game Icewindsong and I think now is the perfect time to try. Pickpockets can indeed become much more successful at picking pockets than a burglar.

As for classes you have all the options for a main class that is not involved in dirty, disgusting magicks or mind tricks. You don't need to pay any attention to if the class is a fighting class or not really as there is nothing that says your warrior needs to fight anything, nor does your burglar need to break into peoples houses, nor does your assassin need to literally stab people in the back (figuratively stabbing them in the back is much sexier!). Indeed most aides, dung sweepers, cotton pickers, obsidian miners or drunken beggars are probably a 'fighting class' but don't do any fighting!

P.S. Elven anything can be suspicious but also extremely cool.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Nope, pickpockets are still one of the rarer guilds if anything.

Also, merchant guild can be fun if you have a idea that allows your PC to be social/political where you don't have to always craft (subguild choice) but you can spend most of your time online (if during peak) sitting in taverns where you could be lucky and get a job as an aide for someone (nobles or Great Merchant Houses) or work for another commoner.

Oh, a merchant without a crafter subguild maybe hard to play since you not selling your own hand-made items.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I thought merchant was the crafting main-guild, so you'd craft or not with it.  Why would you take a crafting subguild then?  Are there crafts a merchant doesn't get?

Quote from: Barsook on August 24, 2014, 08:13:04 AM
Oh, a merchant without a crafter subguild maybe hard to play since you not selling your own hand-made items.

???
I'm confused about what you are meaning here too, Sook. 
Oh, are we still calling you Sook?

I think what Barsook is referring to is that merchants start out with a small number of craft skills, and need to master the ones they start with in order to "branch out" to new crafting skills that make more money.

Merchants begin the game with some skills that are useful but don't make much money. A great example is tanning. However, if a merchant masters tanning, they then acquire new crafting skills, such as leatherworking.

For merchants, almost every craft skill can be "branched" this way, by mastering the skills they have, but it can take months to do, and it will cost a lot to get the materials to practice on.

Therefore a merchant with a crafting subguild is much more likely to be able to make money by crafting things right from the start.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I thought she was talking about playing a merchant with a different guild, like assassin. Which is certainly doable.

Quote from: manipura on August 24, 2014, 11:20:14 AM
Quote from: Barsook on August 24, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

???
I'm confused about what you are meaning here too, Sook. 
Oh, are we still calling you Sook?

Sure, I don't mind it.

And Harmless has it correct, sorry for the confusion.  I was think of how I did my merchant who was subguid bard and she just helped crafters sell their stuff outside the GMH.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Regardless, I almost always keep coin in my inventory that is under a small (people always carry loose change, right?) just to tempt pickpockets. I also tend to leave smaller items like facewraps, rings, things I access a lot. Havn't been stolen from specifically yet.

At least. THAT I KNOW OF! Dun dun dunnnnnnn.

Try a pickpocket. They're my favorite class, combat capable but ABSOLUTELY not necessary. There's a lot you can do with their skillset, but then, theres a lot you can do with any skillset so long as you make the right connections. Roll it up, thief some stuff. Be the elf we all expect you to be, and then sneer at us when you walk through the room.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I want to try it sometime.  But not as my first.  Probably a ranger 2nd, and after that I'll leap into the shadows and see how big a criminal faceplant I can make. :)

Prioritise agility.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.