Northern Clan Family Role Call

Started by deathkamon, April 22, 2014, 08:13:28 PM

April 22, 2014, 08:13:28 PM Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:33:59 PM by deathkamon
No text, I'm creating a new role call.

That clan should be family, you cannot recruit outside the game.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

April 22, 2014, 08:39:08 PM #3 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:45:15 PM by deathkamon
And I am making my clan family-based as well.

Tribes are basicly families, but large ones.
Fredd-

*waits for staff input*
Fredd-

Ah, sorry.  I was a bit worried.
Fredd-

Umm, ranger guild with hunter as a subguild is really a waste of a subguild.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 23, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

Pffft. Pick your subguild off of the concept, not off of the skills and whatnot you get!!

April 23, 2014, 12:31:11 AM #11 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:33:30 AM by Malken

What sort of rpg party would that be if you didn't have the female assassin hunter, the male ranger archer and the male merchant linguist! I hope he also has a rogue vivudian planned out, that party is seriously lacking in healing power.

I always loved playing a merchant in Dragon Warrior III, that class was sorta useless but in an entertaining and fun way.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

In my experience people don't generally want to be this restricted in their choices. People have a hard enough time getting others to join their family roles when it's as simple as "commoner family in allanak need two siblings"

Srry, I'm new to making clans. How do I delete a post? I may wanna re-make it.

Don't worry about deleting, it's not embarrassing. Just go ahead and revise and make a new post.

It's good to see family calls like this. I wish you good luck in gathering a good bunch of people.

P.S. Avoid getting eaten.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: deathkamon on April 23, 2014, 01:23:14 AM

You can just edit your first post of this thread.
Fredd-

Quote from: Malken on April 23, 2014, 12:31:11 AM

What sort of rpg party would that be if you didn't have the female assassin hunter, the male ranger archer and the male merchant linguist! I hope he also has a rogue vivudian planned out, that party is seriously lacking in healing power.

I always loved playing a merchant in Dragon Warrior III, that class was sorta useless but in an entertaining and fun way.

Ummm ranger = healer, duh.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Family unit.... Clans already exist IG and I don't think any new ones are being created by players. I could be wrong though.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 23, 2014, 09:47:08 AM

Family unit.... Clans already exist IG and I don't think any new ones are being created by players. I could be wrong though.

They are not taking any ideas for new ones.
Fredd-

You can definitely make an independent group in-game, if you'd like.  However, that won't necessarily mean any coding will support it.

If you are making a family role call, it is for a family, period--the people in the family and no one else.

If you're making an in-game "group" and it also happens to be composed of family members, well, be careful with that, and run that by staff if that is your intention.  We generally don't want to see that sort of thing.

For example...

POSSIBLE:

1.  Amos has three brothers.  They're a family.  Their family consists of them and no one else.  They can't magickally just decide to bring more people into their family, none of them can decide to play future members of this family, and it's a one-shot deal.

WHY IT'S OKAY: this adds flavor to the world and is not unnecessarily overpowered or anything like that because of the limitations on families.

POSSIBLE:

2.  Amos decides to set up an organization in-game called The Super Mercenary Organization Killers.  He can recruit people into this group.  The group can go on without him if it wants to because it was created in-game by PCs and will persist as long as PCs are alive to make it keep happening.  Eventually, most of these groups die off.  Plus, there's no coded assistance provided to this group, nor do they get much in the way of private space (warehouses being the exception).

WHY IT'S OKAY:  No one gets automatically apped into this group, and it is by necessity limited to PCs, and established groups tend to have more pull than upstart groups.

IFFY:

Amos has three brothers.  All three brothers are part of The Super Mercenary Organization Killers.  They also want to recruit new people into the organization.

WHY IT'S IFFY:  Your in-game group starts out with four people in it who have all coordinated together already.  We'd rather not see that sort of thing.  Family roles are for flavor, not overpowered in-game advantage--that's why all of the rules around them.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 23, 2014, 05:14:09 PM
You can definitely make an independent group in-game, if you'd like.  However, that won't necessarily mean any coding will support it.

If you are making a family role call, it is for a family, period--the people in the family and no one else.

If you're making an in-game "group" and it also happens to be composed of family members, well, be careful with that, and run that by staff if that is your intention.  We generally don't want to see that sort of thing.

For example...

POSSIBLE:

1.  Amos has three brothers.  They're a family.  Their family consists of them and no one else.  They can't magickally just decide to bring more people into their family, none of them can decide to play future members of this family, and it's a one-shot deal.

WHY IT'S OKAY: this adds flavor to the world and is not unnecessarily overpowered or anything like that because of the limitations on families.

POSSIBLE:

2.  Amos decides to set up an organization in-game called The Super Mercenary Organization Killers.  He can recruit people into this group.  The group can go on without him if it wants to because it was created in-game by PCs and will persist as long as PCs are alive to make it keep happening.  Eventually, most of these groups die off.  Plus, there's no coded assistance provided to this group, nor do they get much in the way of private space (warehouses being the exception).

WHY IT'S OKAY:  No one gets automatically apped into this group, and it is by necessity limited to PCs, and established groups tend to have more pull than upstart groups.

IFFY:

Amos has three brothers.  All three brothers are part of The Super Mercenary Organization Killers.  They also want to recruit new people into the organization.

WHY IT'S IFFY:  Your in-game group starts out with four people in it who have all coordinated together already.  We'd rather not see that sort of thing.  Family roles are for flavor, not overpowered in-game advantage--that's why all of the rules around them.

I'd like to add that both times I played with siblings I have been either the victim of attempted murder OR the one plotting that murder.

Nothing is sacred on Zalanthas! Siblings SHOULDN'T guarantee loyalty, only bigger heartbreak at their betrayal.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.