Hey Newbies: Go App a Merchant Role

Started by Cale_Knight, April 21, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

If you are a relatively new player who is wondering whether or not to apply for one of the open merchant house roles, please let me encourage you to do so.

According to my email records, I'd been playing Armageddon for less than four months when I applied for my first (and only to this date, heh) sponsored role - a Kuraci Agent.

It was completely awesome. Merchant family roles have a great combination of flexibility, responsibility, and potential upward mobility. I got to travel around the world, got experience leading PCs, learned how to effectively communicate with staff, and got some of my first real glimpses into the massive history that the game world holds. Playing a Kuraci Agent really taught me how to move around in Arm.

In other words: APPLY. DO IT. DO IT NOW.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Yes, indeed. Also, as far as sponsored roles go, GMH seems to be relatively easy to "qualify" for compared to a noble or Templar. So apply - the worst staff can do is pick someone else and keep you in mind for the future.

I second all of this, it can be a very fun type of role for noobs and vets alike, particularly if you're a self-starter.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Only app for those roles if you have the time to play them.  That said, I don't think there's a better way to learn the finer points of this game.  Think of it like training wheels for being awesome.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 22, 2014, 08:47:16 AM
... particularly if you're a self-starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQNt45Cjkc

Quote from: Kismetic on April 22, 2014, 09:12:14 AM
Only app for those roles if you have the time to play them.  That said, I don't think there's a better way to learn the finer points of this game.  Think of it like training wheels for being awesome.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 22, 2014, 08:47:16 AM
... particularly if you're a self-starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQNt45Cjkc
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I agree with the sentiment for this thread except for one point: GMH family member roles aren't just for newbies or people who need training wheels! You can be just as cutthroat and conniving as any other sponsored role in the game. Vets are welcome to apply too!
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

I think in terms of playtime there are two dimensions. The quantity and the regularity.

If you have regular playtimes during a certain time window, even if it's only for an hour, you can get a lot of work done. Just be clear to people that that's when you're "open for trades" and that's great too.

Right?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Rahnevyn on April 22, 2014, 11:20:21 AM
I agree with the sentiment for this thread except for one point: GMH family member roles aren't just for newbies or people who need training wheels! You can be just as cutthroat and conniving as any other sponsored role in the game. Vets are welcome to apply too!

No doubt. I'm very tempted to app myself but I'm enjoying my current PC a lot.

But my post was mostly directed towards any newer players who might be wondering whether they're 'ready' for a staff sponsored role. To them, I say apply! You have nothing to lose but your spare time!
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau