Rennik who?

Started by Gorobei, September 07, 2003, 11:38:42 PM

I think that there should be a doc detailing each noble house.  There's http://www.armageddon.org/general/noble.html already, but it's not extensive enough.  All commoners would be taught well about each of these houses, and various high ranking nobles from each house would be highly famous, at least from the top houses.  It goes without saying the house colours and symbols would be common knowledge.  Is there a doc that I'm missing?

Most commoners would (IMHO) not neccesarily have a good knowledge of the workings of the nobility, nor the specifics of each house.  However, there is at least one open school in Allanak devoted to teaching specifically that...and perhaps that school should have documents available for those who go through the IC training.

Although I don't know what the general consensus is on commoners knowing all of that, you'd think this sort of doc would be useful to pc nobles, templars and merchant family members. It seems the sort of thing they, especially, would know and might find useful in their rp.
quote="Lirs"]Sometimes I wonder why I do it.. when reading the GDB feels like death.[/quote]

Dont forget that knowlege is dangerous. Escpecially to noobs. Walking up and detailing the inner working of ther order would be bad for your health. I think by the time you are responsible enough to use that information you will know it. Also if you were in a position where you would know that kinda thing then email your house imm. Most likely they will give you acess to anything the think you should know. Finally I dont think a commoner would know squat but to bow. Frankly if one did know more than that I as a noble would bevome most suspicious. Commoners want food, drink and a good frolick and to avoid Nobles like the plague. Anyone who knows more is probably a dangerous person.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

QuoteIn Allanak, styles tend to be dictated by the nobles, and often the sillier the style, the more successful its reception, since they are considered a sign of wealth or importance.

Nobles are the celebrities of Allanak.  I imagine that some of the lower classed folk, and probably some of the higher classed commoners would follow the actions of the nobility in the same spirit as people nowadays enjoy reading People and the Enquirer.

Also, commoners, I'm sure, would have the nobles' colours and symbols memorized at an early age, if for no other reason than to know when to bow.  If they saw a Sath entourage down the street, they would have to know that a noble is coming, even though it is Sath.

QuoteDont forget that knowlege is dangerous. Escpecially to noobs. Walking up and detailing the inner working of ther order would be bad for your health.

Personally I think all knowledge that can't be abused should be freely available to anyone and, IMHO, any well-written documentation about the nobility in Tuluk or Allanak would include what the general rule for commoners approaching nobles is.

I have yet to feel compelled to report someone for twinking out in order to max their noble house recognition skizzills.

Quote from: "Gorobei"All commoners would be taught well about each of these houses, and various high ranking nobles from each house would be highly famous, at least from the top houses. It goes without saying the house colours and symbols would be common knowledge. Is there a doc that I'm missing?

Taken from http://www.armageddon.org/rp/allanaknob.html

QuotePlease note: If your character is -not- a noble or templar, they will not know things to this extent. They might be aware, if they're a citizen of Allanak, of the names of the Houses and vaguely be aware of what they do, but generally speaking, everything in this document is intended purely for people running nobility or templars.

This seems to imply that a commoner might indeed know very little about each house, especially lower (and even non-PC) houses.  However, it would be nice to know the non-PC house symbols and colors, in case you think your character would know these things.  Right now the only way I know how to do that is to have a look at the noble NPCs, what they are wearing, and also have a look at the gates to their estate -- all that assuming you even have IC reason to do so or can get there.