Roleplaying spar and combat damage

Started by Lizzie, March 20, 2014, 09:18:41 AM

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I'm usually willing to roll with it however the injured party chooses to play the injury. It is, after all, their character's story that they are writing.
That is unless they are RPing differently through Hemotes then their showy emotes are showy-ing.  ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I... was going to post something, but I realized it didn't happen six months ago. Let's just say that I let the code dictate how my character feels. Maybe your head-wound from a club at viciously gives you a concussion. My character's a tough bitch. She'll walk it off after becoming conscious again.

Generally speaking, I like there to be a few emotes in my sparring. I don't have a set of rules though. Did most of the damage I took go to my arm? I grab it, wincing. Did I take about 20 hp from a slash to my head? I'm clutching my face, wiping blood from my eye where you cut my forehead. Did you get me below 50%? I'm slumping down for the rest of the day, taking it easy. I WILL be up the next day, however. I'm a goddamned Zalanthan. Not some pussy ass earthling. I walk out into the desert heat with a loin cloth and kill raptors with bone swords MADE OF RAPTOR. Don't tell me I can't handle a fight specifically designed to not kill me.

Sparring factions have turned me off anyways. I don't need another account note saying I'm not keeping to the sparring schedule because its somehow inconceivable that an alcoholic might skip work to sit in a tavern, so I must be a twink for not OOCly standing in front of a sparring dummy for hours waiting for someone to log on.

emote monotonously swings at the sparring dummy with a practiced swing for the thousandth time today, sprinkling slightly different words to describe the same thing and keep staff happy my RP is at its peak with no one around to interact with.

Something tells me that's a very "out of context" reference to your account note, considering staff doesn't give a shit if your character is skipping duties for ic reasons.

i spar naked to sprinkle some variation into ma rotation

Whatever happens, happens.

For time you are suppose to be training but there is no one around and you OOCly don't feel like soloing its...

change ldesc is getting his ass kicked by a sand-filled sparring dummy.  :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 26, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
For time you are suppose to be training but there is no one around and you OOCly don't feel like soloing its...

change ldesc is getting his ass kicked by a sand-filled sparring dummy.  :D

<102/102|117/123|100/100||neutral|standing|riding: none|walking|unarmed>A Small Training Hall [S]
   This small, bare stone hall has thick straw pads on the walls, and also
on part of the floor, to provide some small degree of cushioning from the
violent activity normally seen here. Around the hall, a few pairs of rough-
looking mercenaries engage in close-combat drills or sparring. The smell of
stale sweat hangs heavily in the air. A large archway opens up to a larger
hall to the south.

<102/102|117/123|100/100||neutral|standing|riding: none|walking|unarmed>Settling down beside a circle, you sit down.

<102/102|117/123|100/100||neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>Your new ldesc is:
The unkempt, ivory-tressed teen sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.

<102/102|117/123|100/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
A horn blast sounds from somewhere to the southeast.

<102/102|117/123|100/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male has arrived from the south.

The tall, blue-eyed human male looks down at you.

The tall, blue-eyed human male says, in sirihish:
     "Ello there.."

The tall, blue-eyed human male gets his bloodied short bone sparring spear from his dusty bone-studded backpack.

The tall, blue-eyed human male puts his bloodied short bone sparring spear into his dusty bone-studded backpack.

The tall, blue-eyed human male puts his obsidian dagger into his dusty bone-studded backpack.

The tall, blue-eyed human male puts his bone dagger into his dusty bone-studded backpack.

The tall, blue-eyed human male wears his set of braided leather cords in his hair.

The tall, blue-eyed human male gets his obsidian dagger from his dusty bone-studded backpack.

The tall, blue-eyed human male brandishes his obsidian dagger.

The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your body.

<95/102|117/123|92/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male swiftly dodges your hit.

<95/102|117/123|92/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
You lunge at the tall, blue-eyed human male, but your blow is deftly deflected by a dusty simple sandcloth shirt.

You hit the tall, blue-eyed human male, barely grazing his body.

The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your leg.

<88/102|117/123|92/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male lightly stabs your leg.

<83/102|117/123|96/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your leg, nicking you.

<79/102|117/123|96/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your waist.

<71/102|117/123|88/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male lightly stabs your foot.

<65/102|117/123|88/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stops attacking you.

<65/102|117/123|88/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
You hit the tall, blue-eyed human male, barely grazing his arm.

<65/102|117/123|92/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
Your blow bounces off the tall, blue-eyed human male's tough skin.

<65/102|117/123|96/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your arm, nicking you.

<61/102|117/123|100/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male lightly stabs your head.

<55/102|117/123|89/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<55/102|117/123|97/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<55/102|117/123|97/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your leg, nicking you.

<51/102|117/123|97/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
You hit the tall, blue-eyed human male, barely grazing his arm.
You hit the tall, blue-eyed human male, barely grazing his hand.

<51/102|117/123|97/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<51/102|117/123|100/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your head, wounding you.
You reel from the blow.

<33/102|117/123|67/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your body, nicking you.

<29/102|117/123|67/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
Your blow bounces off the tall, blue-eyed human male's tough skin.

<29/102|117/123|71/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs at you, but you dodge out of the way.

<29/102|117/123|75/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<29/102|117/123|75/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male lightly stabs your leg.
Your attack on the tall, blue-eyed human male is absorbed by a dusty simple sandcloth shirt.
You lunge at the tall, blue-eyed human male, but your blow is deftly deflected by a dusty simple sandcloth shirt.

<24/102|117/123|79/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<24/102|117/123|79/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<24/102|117/123|83/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
Your attack on the tall, blue-eyed human male is absorbed by a dusty pair of light-brown pants.
You hit the tall, blue-eyed human male, barely grazing his foot.

<24/102|117/123|87/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<24/102|117/123|91/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs you very hard on your wrist.

<12/102|117/123|91/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your hand, nicking you.

<9/102|117/123|91/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
You viciously leap toward the tall, blue-eyed human male, but a dusty pair of light-brown pants gets in the way.

<9/102|117/123|91/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
You viciously leap toward the tall, blue-eyed human male, but a dusty simple sandcloth shirt gets in the way.

Your attack on the tall, blue-eyed human male is absorbed by a dusty simple sandcloth shirt.

The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs your body.

<2/102|117/123|83/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>

<2/102|117/123|87/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|sitting|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
The tall, blue-eyed human male stabs you very hard on your wrist.

<-10/102|117/123|91/100|ldesc : sits here, cross-legged beside a ring.|neutral|mortally wounded|riding: none|walking|unarmed>
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

There's a reason the Byn training hall has always creepéd me out.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on March 27, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

I got dead in there at least once that I can remember. Cold blooded murder!
* ShaLeah swoons.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on March 27, 2014, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: Brytta Léofa on March 27, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

I got dead in there at least once that I can remember. Cold blooded murder!
* ShaLeah swoons.

Someone intentionally tried to kill a PC of mine in there once. Their mistake was not being efficient enough about it. My PC got away and that cost the other PC their head. Never underestimate a resourceful coward.

The other time it wasn't so much "tried" as "did", in front of a large crowd. Good times.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

And yet, a good number of people run around the GDB saying... "Oh the Byn is the perfect spot for new players." Yeah so you can kill the new players and they get disappointed and never come back.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

You can die in any combat scenario, anywhere, and in any clan. Sparring deaths aren't exclusive to the Byn, even if they're (probably) most common there because of the fact that it has a higher concentration of new players.

It is a great place for new players, and old ones too!

What Vestric said. The Byn is the perfect spot for noobs because it's got guaranteed interaction at almost any playtime. They also have a high chance of being around other noobs, and learning from their mistakes.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on March 27, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
And yet, a good number of people run around the GDB saying... "Oh the Byn is the perfect spot for new players." Yeah so you can kill the new players and they get disappointed and never come back.

I've had two characters in the Byn, and they both did more than a year and we had no sparring deaths during either. I can't imagine they're terrible frequent.

And the other sorts of death were usually pretty exciting.

Also, IntuitiveApathy's log is pretty likely noob-on-noob violence. Bad newbies are good newbies' natural predator.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

March 27, 2014, 06:05:54 PM #42 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:08:24 PM by TheWanderer
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Whatever happens, happens.

Just saying never been in the Byn, never wanted to be in the Byn, never will be in the Byn. I've done well starting as a noob and I continue to do well as an experienced player. The Byn isn't the end all be all of Armageddon.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

My Byn sparring-death experience came in 2002.

dem dorfs, man.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on March 27, 2014, 06:32:37 PM
Just saying never been in the Byn.... The Byn isn't the end all be all of Armageddon.

Well you wouldn't really know, now would you?

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on March 27, 2014, 06:32:37 PM
Just saying never been in the Byn, never wanted to be in the Byn, never will be in the Byn. I've done well starting as a noob and I continue to do well as an experienced player. The Byn isn't the end all be all of Armageddon.

Well, at least you don't seem to have any preconceived notions about it.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Beat me to it.

Guy admits he has zero knowledge about what he is saying as he says it.

Such fail. Much lulz.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I think EVERYONE should do a Byn stint.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Well perhaps everyone should to a stint with one of the GMH, and one of the noble houses in each of the cities.