Clothing

Started by Erdos, March 19, 2014, 02:44:09 PM

I have another simple question. Does clothing offer any coded benefits, besides armor? If so, is there a way to find out what the benefits are? I'm assuming certain clothing like boots and something to cover you from the sun make you get less tired in the desert, but I am not sure. I've looked through the documentation and can't seem to find much on the subject. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

Sandcloth is considered the "comfort fabric" of Zalanthas. Especially in the south, consider items that will cover or shade your eyes and face from the sandstorms when travelling out of the cities.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

March 19, 2014, 04:43:52 PM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:23:45 PM by fourTwenty
Quote from: Erdos on March 19, 2014, 02:44:09 PM
I have another simple question. Does clothing offer any coded benefits, besides armor? If so, is there a way to find out what the benefits are? I'm assuming certain clothing like boots and something to cover you from the sun make you get less tired in the desert, but I am not sure. I've looked through the documentation and can't seem to find much on the subject. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

Yes.
Trial and error.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Generally if it says it gives some benifit in the main description, you can mostly expect it to give a coded benifit to match. This is most apparent with tools, but also with things like footpads for sneaking, or camouflaged equipment.

Ahh, That makes perfect sense. I have another nooby question. I know the staff makes a lot of the documentation intentionally vague so that you can find things out IC, but what do I do if I'm in an area that's not populated by many non-NPCs and need to find out something specific. For instance, I am in Red Stone Village, sent to get flour and can't find the flour. My character would probably just ask one of the locals, but I can't find any non-NPCs to ask.

You can try wishing up for an NPC animation from staff. Though be careful bugging people in Red Storm. They don't take kindly to nosey people.

Otherwise, if it's a city that you have chosen as your place of origin in character creation, then you can use the "directions" command to get a list of directions to important places in your city, and it may very well be on that.

You can always ask the person who sent you out there to get it, too, they probably know.

Finally, since it's really not something that is secret knowledge. You can find Flour just a tiny bit east of the market square in Red Storm and a tiny bit north after that.

My First Stormer that I had took time to map out the whole village, exceptions being places that obviously looked like places he should be going. I would recommend doing that. Just if there's an area that your gut tells you not to go to don't go to it, unless you're feeling particularly adventurous and don't mind dying.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.