What the Gurth say!?

Started by Jeax, March 18, 2014, 10:21:08 PM

What noise does a Gurth make, I wonder.

Aurochs goes moo,
oxen goes mrrr,
inix goes errrrr
erdlu clucks,

what does the Gurth say!?

From the few times I've seen a gurth do something IC, it is usually described as honking, but no, not like a clown's nose.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Gurth are, in short, turtles. And the only sound I've ever heard a turtle make is a growling hiss. I've also heard that they make other sorts of guttral breathing sounds. With a bahamet, I would assume this equates to a hissing roar, but with gurth, I'd simply see it as perhaps a Darth Vader like sound.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on March 19, 2014, 01:14:02 AM
Gurth are, in short, turtles. And the only sound I've ever heard a turtle make is a growling hiss. I've also heard that they make other sorts of guttral breathing sounds. With a bahamet, I would assume this equates to a hissing roar, but with gurth, I'd simply see it as perhaps a Darth Vader like sound.
No, gurth bellow. It says so when they pull into their shells.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Oh, huh. You're right. It's been rl years since I played anywhere near a gurth. I forgot.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I've animated gurth as going 'yawp' in the past. You probably take anything I do with a grain of salt though.

and if you meet
a hooded gith
will you identify
with sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff

its 4 am what am i doing kill me now
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

March 19, 2014, 07:02:49 AM #9 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:44:48 PM by Large Hero
Quote from: Rathustra on March 19, 2014, 06:05:53 AM
I've animated gurth as going 'yawp' in the past. You probably take anything I do with a grain of salt though.

The spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains
   of my gab and my loitering.

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.

The last scud of day holds back for me,
It flings my likeness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd wilds,
It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.

I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.

Dang, gurths are deep.

Over the roofs of the world, the squat, pot-bellied gurth sounds, in barbaric sirihish:
    "YAWP!"

Also:

If you haven't read him yet, Walt Whitman, my star, my perfect silence (Breaking Bad reference - I'm not this weird) is so good if you give him a chance. Read Leaves of Grass.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

I'm pretty sure mostly they just go *squish* and slide out of their shells. Probably some *crunch* as well.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.