Kanks and Stable Question

Started by witchman, September 07, 2003, 10:18:40 AM

Is it possible to stable a yellow kank and a few days later (possibly after a reboot) you get a greenish-brown kank back?

Thanks.
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

Yes if you are playing musical kanks without realizing it.

I've had this happen before.  Three people enter the stables and dismount.  The first one types 'rent kank' and the kank that gets store and that they get a ticket for is the last kank to enter the room, since that gets added to the list in the room on the top of the list or something.

So, somewhere out there is a guy with a ticket to your kank and vice versa.

That might not apply here, but I've seen that a lot.  The answer is to do it in an organized fashion and not dismount until its your turn.

Quote from: "CRW"The answer is to do it in an organized fashion and not dismount until its your turn.
I think the answer should be that you cannot rent kank if kank is hitched to someone else.  This is a flaw with the code, not with how people behave inside a set of stables.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Another thing that might help crack down on stable mix-ups would be using the 'title' command. This way, instead of typing 'rent kank', you can type 'rent <name>', seriously reducing your chance of mixing up your tickets. Just make sure not everyone names their kank 'Flash' or 'Zippy'.  :roll:

If you're too lazy to type 'title <name>' every time you stradle a kank (I know I am), then try using keywords other than 'kank'. If you have a greenish-brown kank, a rusty brown kank, and a yellow kank, then obviously 'rusty' would be a better keyword than 'kank' or 'brown'.

Just some thoughts. Be careful out there, or else you'll end up an accidental kank bandit.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."