Water

Started by Silent Bob, September 07, 2003, 05:20:16 AM

Ok here's one for you thirsty people.  I found some water root.  But I don't need it because I get the water I need to drink from the food I eat.  Is there a place in the game that buys water?

Find out IC.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Dont forget as a further addition to the absolute truth laid down by Cu. Anything like this you have to think about in realistic tems. Can most people go out and find water? Does the magority of the population in your area have easy acess to it? Would they buy it if you had it? If your not sure read the docs about your area too.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Let's also look at this in another light. PCs (Players) will buy something sometimes that NPCs (Mobs) will not. Offering goods for sell is always a great way to get to know folks and be involved in some nifty RP.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteFind out IC.

What's a good way to go around in game and ask if there is a NPC who will buy water in a city with a population of 500k people or if he has to sell it to a PC?

To answer your question, no, I don't believe there is anyone you can sell water to but it couldn't hurt to check food shops, supply shops, and water dealers.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Find out IC.

I agree with Carnage. If you're going to insist on answering every post a relative newbie makes with this line, at least add something contructive about how they go about doing that. Otherwise, you're just discouraging people from asking questions.
quote="Lirs"]Sometimes I wonder why I do it.. when reading the GDB feels like death.[/quote]

QuoteIf you're going to insist on answering every post a relative newbie makes with this line, at least add something contructive about how they go about doing that. Otherwise, you're just discouraging people from asking questions.

I agree here, but I think it would have been better for him to have asked other PCs or NPCs (and wished up for help) than to come to the board.

Which is going to serve a player better making a post here, or interacting in the game?

That's what helped me the most when I was really new, people telling me 'ask IC and here's how you might want to do it.'

QuoteWhat's a good way to go around in game and ask if there is a NPC who will buy water in a city with a population of 500k people or if he has to sell it to a PC?

Is this a trick question?

`say Hey, you know where I can find a water trader? I have some water to sell.`

And which would be better for someone, to ask here, or to ask someone in game?

I get what I think your point is, and that is that its not helpful to a player to drop the 'Find out IC' stamp on a thread, but whenever possible I think people should find out IC.

I haven't been playing Armageddon all that long, so I'm still kind of a newbie.  I found out a TON of stuff like this on my own, through IC exploration.  When I was looking for stuff I could buy or sell, and couldn't find anyone to ask, I would look through the shops in the markets in town.

There, is that a constructive enough suggestion for you people?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Alright.  This is getting a little flamish. So I'm going to ask that everyone takes a breather.  If this continues, however, I or one of the other staff will lock this or any other thread(s).
Thank you.
Ashyom

I think this is actually a tricky enough question to merit an answer.

There is a difference between selling the water, and selling the container that the water is in.  While NPC merchants that buy item type water containers are very rare now, due I believe to a situation in the very old days of people buying a cup of water, drinking it, and selling it back for the same price, they do in fact exist.  So, if you offer your water to some merchant, and they quote you back a price, it may be the water container itself they are after.

Merchants of this type will pour the liquid out on the ground when they buy the item, I believe.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."