Gear and Items You'd Like to See in Armageddon... but Aren't

Started by Kronibas, February 10, 2014, 10:31:38 PM

So hey, let me preface this by saying I'm not doing some call for items to busy the staff with.  This thread is mainly to kick around ideas for neat items that might potentially be added to the game.  With the new master crafting subguilds in game, many, many more people than previously are able to submit their own items to the game.

Even an item short desc would be enough to post here.  Maybe something you've considered before but died before you were able to submit.  Feel free to write as much or as little as you'd like.  Maybe the idea of playing a crafter appalls and horrifies you, but you've always thought... "huh huh, it'd sure be cool if some pansy merchant dude would make <something, probably a war sword spiked with war spikes>"?

I'd try to veer away from ideas about code behind the objects, but purposes for objects that may or may not result in coded gains/loses are likely alright.

Shit, who knows.  Maybe someone will appreciate the idea and, bam, you suddenly see the item you thought of and posted, probably that war sword with war spikes that a disgruntled raider dude is using to kill you.

I'll start us off.  I think items besides just skinning knives would be cool.  Like, a device to pop open or crack shells.  Or a really huge, hooked knife for gutting larger prey.  Even though they probably wouldn't have coded benefits, it seems like they would be good RP props.  Because hey, you're not actually gonna be able to use that slender chitin skinning knife on everything from jozhals to mekillots.

I've always wanted some kind of knuckleduster or Caestus, as a bludgeoning weapon. It seems like a very Southern weapon, and would go well with the fighting style described in the docs as the one-handed only one.
Part-Time Internets Lady

February 10, 2014, 11:04:13 PM #2 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:09:04 PM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: QuillDipper on February 10, 2014, 10:35:17 PM
I've always wanted some kind of knuckleduster or Caestus, as a bludgeoning weapon. It seems like a very Southern weapon, and would go well with the fighting style described in the docs as the one-handed only one.

Already in the game.

I've always wanted to see more torturing tools than whips:

-Actual torturing racks/iron maiden type stuff.

-Implements like boabab splinters that can be driven up fingernails with the use command.

-knives made for flaying the give off an echo and leave people with massive patches of scared flesh.

-Hot irons and brands.

-An actual "Beheaders axe" type weapon that comes with a chopping block to instantly kill people. Or also give partial beheadings and nicks.

Maybe I'm just just a sick bastard.

Hijabs, middle eastern lady's cloth wraps/shawl looking things for the head. I like those.

We probably have like three already in the game.

Good topic. 

Having played a couple of physicians, I'd love to see an expansion of crude medical whatsits.  Even if 'bandaging' wasn't renamed as 'first aid' to represent a broader use, these items could be bandage-type for code use.  Things like:

a hooked needle and gut thread
a small jar of maggots
a cool, black paste (description mentioning something about it numbing the skin)

Quote from: long live miley cyrus on February 11, 2014, 03:06:50 AM
Hijabs, middle eastern lady's cloth wraps/shawl looking things for the head. I like those.

We probably have like three already in the game.

I think we have one IG, called a 'thobe' I believe.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: zanthalandreams on February 11, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

Good topic. 

Having played a couple of physicians, I'd love to see an expansion of crude medical whatsits.  Even if 'bandaging' wasn't renamed as 'first aid' to represent a broader use, these items could be bandage-type for code use.  Things like:

a small jar of maggots
a cool, black paste (description mentioning something about it numbing the skin)

Don't forget the saws! Maybe a good one, and a couple of shitty ones, and one that you're not sure you wanted your life saved by it.

forage kindling yielding broader range of stuff to burn:
a clump of dry, matted grass
a pile of dried dung 
a wad of dry, brittle lichen
a thick, cracked bone

I love the whole campfire addition.   It is a great RP prop without being overpowering.  Should be easier to get one going and keep one alive.   With poo.   

Ought to need an oven, a stove, or a fire to cook in any room that is not described as a kitchen.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 11, 2014, 07:30:47 AM
Ought to need an oven, a stove, or a fire to cook in any room that is not described as a kitchen.

Agree.    For more dusty types, that shouldn't really need a full-on Kumbayah bonfire.   

Objects:
a small, sputtering cooking fire  (2x kindling objects, much faster burn than bonfire)
a clay gurth-stove  (put fat stove, light stove - "torch" object w/ fast burn, allows cooking, low-bulk/weight object)

Already in game.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Manriki.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Please, please please make smokeable dung objects. Dried small pellets of dung, to put in my pipe and smoke. It's pretty much required for a future character concept I want to do.

Btw, I've IDEA'd this in game multiple times already, but thought I'd share with everyone. Also I really really want it.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: zanthalandreams on February 11, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

Good topic. 

a small jar of maggots

You might check with your local GMH reps. Some of them might be able to offer some things in this vein that aren't seen in game very much. (In fact, some of them I have never seen except when I was playing a GMH rep).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I do not think a hot air balloon would ever make reliable transport on Zalanthas with the chaotic weather and terrible sand storms. I would love too see this as a Noble House project, perhaps as a dwarf focus, where the balloon is safely tethered in an estate so it can raise a moderate distance in the air and allows the noble to entertain one or two others with a tea party in the sky!

A throwing weapon that returns! Who doesn't want a boomerang in game? Of course the fantasy notions of it returning to the throwers hand after it hits is totally unrealistic but having it return to the room it was thrown from if it missed would be pretty cool.

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

As for your boomerang...  Find out IC.  It exists.

I personally think Tools need a good look over as I feel a few are missing.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on February 11, 2014, 03:49:13 PM
As for your boomerang...  Find out IC.  It exists.

I personally think Tools need a good look over as I feel a few are missing.

... Quiet you.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

A skinning hatchet, for stuff with chitin exoskeletons.
A bunch of stuff sized for half-giants.

Related: a silty prefix, to go along with dusty, bloodied, burned
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I realize its probably too advanced for Zalanthas, but I have always wanted to see an orrery in game. Especially if it was somehow used for magickal rituals.

Also, sedan chairs or palanquins. I know they exist, but they're super rare. I guess I'd like to see more NPCs on them.

Lastly, I know it's been brought up before, but war mekillots. Like war elephants, but Zalanthan.  Even if they were just like small wagons (small because the box would be small, not because meks are) that would be cool, but if they could charge and trample? *drool*
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: Eurynomos on February 11, 2014, 12:51:02 PM

Already in game.
As in, you can't cook meat and pies and stuff without these things?

Because, if so, alright.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

A tool that is specifically for carving and crafting with bone, none of which currently exists, which is odd in a world where bone is used for many items.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 11, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Quote from: Eurynomos on February 11, 2014, 12:51:02 PM

Already in game.
As in, you can't cook meat and pies and stuff without these things?

Because, if so, alright.

Our crafting system unfortunately doesn't really do "backwards compatability" to include an item as required for dozens of crafting recipes  but that's where RP comes in!
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

A sheath-type object for lockpicks, which also takes your sleight-of-hand skill into consideration.  Sliding a tiny items quietly out of your pocket while remaining unseen shouldn't be that difficult.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Thread full of spoilers in here!!!

seriously, if you know something exists, don't comment, just PM the person or something.
* Harmless leaves the thread
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2