9 (10.5%)
Combatant clanned
26 (30.2%)
No favorite
11 (12.8%)
Other
7 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Noncombatant indie. Combatant clanned comes in second.

I kind of want to see what people would choose if they had to stick with one thing on an average day.

Do you mean in real life?  Because otherwise...this may not be the forum for that...
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Combatant sidekick usually clanned.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Noncombat, mostly clanned.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Combat clanner.

Second non 'combat' indie.  ::)
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

combat indie!
- combat clanned!
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Combat clanned. Probably 75% of my characters.

February 07, 2014, 11:26:17 AM #8 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:35:59 PM by Symphony
50/50 between non-clanned Combat & clanned Socio-Political roles

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

I like a loosely-structured pseudo-clan situation. Where my character would have a lot of interaction with clans, but not necessarily be members of them.

I also like when my character have combat skills and -can- use them, but I'm not a big combat-heavy player.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Combatant clanned, fighting/sparring with others seems to keep me playing my PC longer.  A crafter PC, clanned or un would be second for me.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I think combat wins these internal and mental arguments for me every time. I've had long lived characters on both spectrums (Not as long lived as some of the players around here have had, mind you), and I just can't live without the combat. You need to be banking noobs for boots at least once a week.

---> Combat roles can be other roles when you want them too. There are stints without fighting.
---> Non-combat roles can never be combat supporting, and you likely will not be defending yourself from any assassin/warrior past noob status playtime. Plus the wildlife issues are atrocious.
---> Lastly, sometimes shitty role-players don't need excuses to ruin scenes with combat. I like to be able to punish these fools.

So far independent combat has been the most fun here.  I keep trying to make clanned combat work though.  It's been great on other games.  But here or anywhere else, my favorite thing of all has been leading large groups in battle.  What can be more exhilarating than that?

I've only had one noncombatant that I really loved playing.  That was on another game, I don't think the things that made him intriguing are available in Arm.

I very much enjoy the rush of combat and I don't care for crafting too much, so I'll probably keep exploring different combat roles.

Don't care what part of the spectrum it's on as long as it's a needy, over-emotional and crazy breed.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on February 07, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Don't care what part of the spectrum it's on as long as it's a needy, over-emotional and crazy breed.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I like playing combat clannies, the leaders behind the leaders.....right hand type people. I enjoy teaching new players the ropes through combat clans even if they themselves are not combat oriented. That's fun for me. Teaching but not having so much of the responsibility to create plots, but instead to simply build upon started plots. This may have a lot to do with my busy IRL schedule, but that's how I am right meow.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I love joining someone else's plot and really trying to make it happen. Even more fun then fuelling my own.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

This goes as other I guess, but I actually find I enjoy trying to engage newbies and mold them into nefarious Armageddon playas4lyfe.

Otherwise more generally, I tend to enjoy clanned roles more (though this becomes very challenging when I'm playing off-peak/inconsistent hours).
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I tend to have the most fun with anything clanned.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Clanned, combat, non-leader.

I wanna spec app for one of those normally-NPC bodyguards one day.

I am alright with leadership roles, but generally prefer to be more of a right hand man or sergeant-type.  In some places, sergeant means leader, and that's not where I like it.

Almost always combatant though.  Even if they rarely fight.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

My favorites so far have been a clanned combat leader(ish), a clanned combat far-from-leader, a noncombatant clanned and a noncombatant unclanned.

I guess that means 'other' or 'no favorite!'

Sausage is my preferred roll. Flaky pastry and tomato sauce.

Red Storm is my preferred role. Combat or Social. Clan or Independent. Leadership is very interesting but it can be very tiring so I don't usually seek it out but enjoy it when it evolves naturally.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

i kill the scrab and sel lteh shell and i hasve two cisterns of water that i use for bathing and one to drink

Clanned combatant.

Even when I play non-combatants, I tend to have a combat class. And I almost never play non-combatants. And I almost never play unclanned.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870