Going on an Armageddon "diet"!

Started by Malken, February 04, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

No, I'm not quitting, in fact, I probably play more than I have in a long time these days :)

With that said, I have decided to go on an armageddon "diet" of sort, meaning that I will try for the next three months to play with absolutely no outside contacts, including the GDB (only going to read the Staff announcement thread for roles and post under another name if I join a clan and if feel need to do so, on a limited basis), just to see how it feels like to fully immerse yourself into the game with absolutely no idea what goes on around you.

So please, staff, keep posting code changes on the twitter and Armageddon page so that I'm not at a total loss if something major happens, and the reason I'm posting in a thread is because it'll "force" me to do it, otherwise I'll just look like a loser if I don't make my three months ;p

Then I'll come back in this thread and post my experiences on how the game is without any outside contacts of any sort versus how it is when you constantly read the GDB/feel the negative vibes/feeling like you know what's going on elsewhere just by reading threads, etc..

Ciao and see you all in three months! (hopefully the three months will then turn into six months, then longer, etc..)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Noooo.

Don't leave me alone with them!  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

This sounds like a great idea.

I actually find I enjoy the game more when I'm not active on the GDB.

I think I will get on the bandwagon. (Minus clan boards, and staff announcements.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I like this idea as well, good luck on your journey!

I might as well do this too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Let us know. I have been thinking of doing this for a while.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

People talk to other Armers... like, regularly?

Weird.

It's amazing, I'll tell you right now.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Best of luck, Malken.  I managed to mostly quit the GDB for a few months.  I'll still never play the GDB as I once did.

Excellent. I will dominate the debates with myself once everyone else leaves the forums unguarded!

All according to plan...>em pets ~cat, evilly.

Well someone has to greet the noobs, so I'll stay to corrupt them in the way I see fit without interference. Yay!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I thought this was going to be about eatting nothing but travel cakes for the next three months then branching out to eat a couple strips of jerky with those travel cakes.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on February 04, 2014, 10:27:51 PM
I thought this was going to be about eatting nothing but travel cakes for the next three months then branching out to eat a couple strips of jerky with those travel cakes.

And getting distracted when cooking meat 3 out of 4 times.

And I dropped  the food in the dust... again.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I don't talk to any players. I also barely post here, on either this account or my main. I highly recommend both.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Quote from: Large Hero on February 05, 2014, 04:13:29 AM
I don't talk to any players. I also barely post here, on either this account or my main. I highly recommend both.

I still remember the awesome times we've had IC.  :)

I am going to do this too, apart from clan boards.

Quote from: Bushranger on February 04, 2014, 10:27:51 PM

I was worried he'd eat bugs.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

This thread disappoints. I also was hoping for:

The Vrun Driath Diet!

Now with three tiers!

• For those on a limited budget, we have the grebber tier! It's dung berries and tarantula meat until your eyes bleed!
  • For those with a little more cash to dedicate, the crafter tier!  Travel cakes and raptor steaks!
  • And finally, for the truly discerning dieter, the noble tier! Scrab head, scrab head, flame cheese, vomit, scrab head!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

February 06, 2014, 04:12:49 PM #20 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:16:16 PM by perfecto
I would also suggest the Mekillot steak diet.. eat them every day until your anus bleeds.  Thats how you win!

The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I will also do this, without the clan forums.

Later alligators.  :-*