Quick question. Skills.

Started by Eluin, February 01, 2014, 05:14:41 PM

Assassins.

Quote from: Excerpt from the assassin help fileThe excellent use of poisons also becomes available, as does the ability to climb sheer walls. Also late in their careers, assassins can learn how to effectively knock out an opponent from behind with a sharp blow to the head and take them elsewhere for committing their dirty work.

Hope this isn't being too specific regarding my character, but say I created an assassin, but they didn't have access to the climb skill... Is that normal and assassins can somehow learn it later on? Or is the help file on assassins incredibly misleading.

And on related note, is parry an actual skill that you can see in your skills list? Or are automatic skills in that vein invisible. Because it also says they can get good at that too later on, but I don't actually see it.

Many of the skills described in the helpfile are things you will not have access to immediately, but rather will become available as your character improves their starting skills.

And yes, parry will appear on your skills list once you have acquired it.

Welcome to Armageddon.  :)

Quote from: Eluin on February 01, 2014, 05:14:41 PM
Assassins.

Quote from: Excerpt from the assassin help fileThe excellent use of poisons also becomes available, as does the ability to climb sheer walls. Also late in their careers, assassins can learn how to effectively knock out an opponent from behind with a sharp blow to the head and take them elsewhere for committing their dirty work.

Hope this isn't being too specific regarding my character, but say I created an assassin, but they didn't have access to the climb skill... Is that normal and assassins can somehow learn it later on? Or is the help file on assassins incredibly misleading.

And on related note, is parry an actual skill that you can see in your skills list? Or are automatic skills in that vein invisible. Because it also says they can get good at that too later on, but I don't actually see it.

"Becomes" is the operative verb, implying that it's something you might not be able to expect immediately, but at some point, eventually.

Also yes, parry is a coded visible skill. Raw defense and offense are not skills you'd see on your skills list.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Welcome to the game, I am really glad you're here and trying out an assassin. ;)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Alright thanks for confirming that. Good to know I'll get access to that stuff, someday (Assuming I somehow live to see my first PC birthday as opposed to getting busted, and promptly hunted down and murdered like a 'tok)

Also: Oh dear, unsure what to think harmless. I think I'll go with terrified.

Join the Byn, they are very newbie friendly clan in the South.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

You also have a random chance to parry without having the skill on your coded list as well. Just so you know.

Welcome to Arm.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Or join basically any other clan. Screw the Byn.

Quote from: Zerero on February 01, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

At least keep the generic hate cycle stuff out of the section made for newbies, eh? Sends the wrong message.

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on February 01, 2014, 10:41:22 PM
Quote from: Zerero on February 01, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

At least keep the generic hate cycle stuff out of the section made for newbies, eh? Sends the wrong message.

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Any clan would be good to join. Most have players that have been playing for a while and can help you out.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Yeah, I've gotten some support IC and it's pretty helpful. Was actually already doing my best to sniff around when I asked this threads original question.

That said, joining the Byn would have been a mite awkward. (The advice was appreciated of course) *eyes citizenship tattoos and location to match*

One thing that helps  you choose the right clan, is to kinda hang around for a week or two and see who is active, who is not, and who you enjoy RPing with in public places.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.