February voting: TMS reset at midnight eastern time!!

Started by Nyr, January 31, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

What I don't understand is how we've been #1, sometimes #2 on TMC, but even now we're still at #6 on TMS? Are the other MUDs having people go to multiple ISPs to vote or something? Because it's pretty much the same MUDs.....
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 02, 2014, 09:31:22 AM
What I don't understand is how we've been #1, sometimes #2 on TMC, but even now we're still at #6 on TMS? Are the other MUDs having people go to multiple ISPs to vote or something? Because it's pretty much the same MUDs.....

I suspect it's people's inherent laziness.  TMC requires making an account, and TMS does not.  Also, making an account at TMC is sometimes quite the pain in the ass.

In the meanwhile, do voting!  I've got 2/3 votes in today.  The other will have to wait until later.  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: tortall on February 02, 2014, 09:31:22 AM

See this post or any other one made on the subject.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Bottom line is, if we can MAINTAIN steady voting throughout the month, we tend to take #2 or so in the last half of the month. Initial spurts happen on other MUDs but in the past we were outlasting them again and again. We can do that again!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

We slipped to 7th on TMS!  VOTE!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

10 votes out of top five!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

A vote right now puts us into fifth place!

Just sayin'!

So far:

TMS: Voted once at work, once at a Wi-Fi location during lunch. Will vote at home once I get there. I can only vote at home twice a day on the weekends because I'm never awake and home exactly 12 hours apart.

TMC: Done!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I usually don't partake in these threads, but we're only three votes behind in the taking of position #5 (on TMS). So, you know, if you wanna clicky, you can clicky, homie. If you don't, that's cool.
Whatever happens, happens.

Keep voting so we don't lose our place!

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

2 votes on TMS for 5th.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

STILL two votes for 5th on TMS!  Someone else must have voted in the meanwhile!

Wow, we've fallen behind fifth place pretty far.
Let's push back!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It's a temporary setback
Vote.

Do voting!

Just a friendly reminder to do voting this morning (or evening, as the case may be).  :D

Indeed!

A "week" ly update on what your voting is doing so you aren't all "wow, this is ineffective as all hell..."

During this same period (January 1 - January 7 around this time of day):
Total new accounts -- 39
from TMS -- 2
from TMC -- 10
from word of mouth -- 7
actually logged in during this period -- 3

This time around (February 1- February 7 around this time of day):
Total new accounts -- 72
from TMS -- 7
from TMC -- 24
from word of mouth -- 7
actually logged in during this period -- 13

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

How hard is it to punch that damned vote button? Get it, people! Come on!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Have you voted yet?  No?  Why not? 

We're entrenched in the number one position on TMC by 140 votes.

How can we possibly be so far behind on TMS?

Remember, use your mobile device to vote at TMS as well. Don't give the enemy free victims. Those are our victims. Vote.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

15 more votes to #5.  I know this sounds like exactly where we were yesterday... it is!  Except we gained #6 in the meanwhile, #5 has just pulled a little ahead.

Just 10 between us and fifth, in that short time since the last post!

Voooooooooote!