February voting: TMS reset at midnight eastern time!!

Started by Nyr, January 31, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

Only about 8 hours to go!

At midnight, voting resets.  Now, you don't HAVE to vote exactly at midnight. However, the more initial votes we get in that first 12 hour window, the better--as much of a lead as we can get is great to have.  The competition at the beginning can be rough, too, so keep that in mind...sustained voting is the key!

For now...

...TO VOTE.

Is yours?

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Oh man, stayed up until 5:30 am watching Firefly and drinking wine with Zoltan, then woke up at 10 horribly hung over... I'm not sure I'll make it to midnight.  But for you, Arm, I'll try.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I voted. I VOTED!!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I did it.  But we've only got 4, and we should have 33, so get out there and vote!

And then vote again in 12 hours!

I voted. We're number 3!
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Voted, annoyed some people on my Facebook and posted on all the Arm pages I know.

w00t!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I don't understand how TMS votes.. Does it take a while before the votes are counted and displayed? I know for a fact that more than 5 people (which is the number of votes we have right now) have voted.. And that was like 20 minutes ago.

Quote from: Malken on February 01, 2014, 01:38:27 AM
I don't understand how TMS votes.. Does it take a while before the votes are counted and displayed? I know for a fact that more than 5 people (which is the number of votes we have right now) have voted.. And that was like 20 minutes ago.

Ditto. And my vote should at least have bumped it to 6. Didn't.

Up to a three-way-tie for second now, at 11 votes!

Much better. *nods sagely*

#1 on TMC by 46 votes, and #2 on TMS. We've got this.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Awwwww yeaaah! 4 ahead of 2nd, as I post this! Dusting the competition!

February 01, 2014, 06:48:09 AM #15 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:51:55 AM by Nathvaan

Now's the time! Let's show them what we are made of!

Vote!!

We've fallen to 3rd! Man the cannons!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I wasn't around to vote at midnight, but I just voted! We've fallen to fifth, time to pick up the pace!

Two votes right now takes us back to 7th, at least.

Come on! I at least don't want to spend another month in 11-20!

Vote, people. What in the world?

It's important to note the number of votes we got today is more than enough, if we simply sustain that number.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 02, 2014, 12:41:11 AM
It's important to note the number of votes we got today is more than enough, if we simply sustain that number.

Shhh, we must berate them if we're to have any hope of inspiring the proper amount of votes!

Ahem, as I was saying. You maggots vote like the age 18-25 demographic in a local election! Now quit your whining and click that button until your finger falls off!

My grandma votes for Arm faster than you, and she doesn't even know what the internet is!

You dudes need to vote like Australians.

IT'S MANDATORY DAMNIT  :P
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I think I just voted about 14 hours after my last vote. TOP THAT.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

We're doing great on TMC. TMS? We're wavering ... we should easily be in 3rd atm, but we're not - 6th when I checked last.

Kick it up a notch, folks. This is how our clans get filled. This is where all the new blood comes from - this is what preserves our world and enriches it (granted, after the initial newb jitters).

We love newbs, so vote, you sons of guns.

What I don't understand is how we've been #1, sometimes #2 on TMC, but even now we're still at #6 on TMS? Are the other MUDs having people go to multiple ISPs to vote or something? Because it's pretty much the same MUDs.....
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 02, 2014, 09:31:22 AM
What I don't understand is how we've been #1, sometimes #2 on TMC, but even now we're still at #6 on TMS? Are the other MUDs having people go to multiple ISPs to vote or something? Because it's pretty much the same MUDs.....

I suspect it's people's inherent laziness.  TMC requires making an account, and TMS does not.  Also, making an account at TMC is sometimes quite the pain in the ass.

In the meanwhile, do voting!  I've got 2/3 votes in today.  The other will have to wait until later.  ;D

Quote from: tortall on February 02, 2014, 09:31:22 AM

See this post or any other one made on the subject.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Bottom line is, if we can MAINTAIN steady voting throughout the month, we tend to take #2 or so in the last half of the month. Initial spurts happen on other MUDs but in the past we were outlasting them again and again. We can do that again!

We slipped to 7th on TMS!  VOTE!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

10 votes out of top five!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

A vote right now puts us into fifth place!

Just sayin'!

So far:

TMS: Voted once at work, once at a Wi-Fi location during lunch. Will vote at home once I get there. I can only vote at home twice a day on the weekends because I'm never awake and home exactly 12 hours apart.

TMC: Done!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I usually don't partake in these threads, but we're only three votes behind in the taking of position #5 (on TMS). So, you know, if you wanna clicky, you can clicky, homie. If you don't, that's cool.
Whatever happens, happens.

Keep voting so we don't lose our place!

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

2 votes on TMS for 5th.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

STILL two votes for 5th on TMS!  Someone else must have voted in the meanwhile!

Wow, we've fallen behind fifth place pretty far.
Let's push back!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It's a temporary setback
Vote.

Do voting!

Just a friendly reminder to do voting this morning (or evening, as the case may be).  :D

Indeed!

A "week" ly update on what your voting is doing so you aren't all "wow, this is ineffective as all hell..."

During this same period (January 1 - January 7 around this time of day):
Total new accounts -- 39
from TMS -- 2
from TMC -- 10
from word of mouth -- 7
actually logged in during this period -- 3

This time around (February 1- February 7 around this time of day):
Total new accounts -- 72
from TMS -- 7
from TMC -- 24
from word of mouth -- 7
actually logged in during this period -- 13

How hard is it to punch that damned vote button? Get it, people! Come on!

Have you voted yet?  No?  Why not? 

We're entrenched in the number one position on TMC by 140 votes.

How can we possibly be so far behind on TMS?

Remember, use your mobile device to vote at TMS as well. Don't give the enemy free victims. Those are our victims. Vote.

15 more votes to #5.  I know this sounds like exactly where we were yesterday... it is!  Except we gained #6 in the meanwhile, #5 has just pulled a little ahead.

Just 10 between us and fifth, in that short time since the last post!

Voooooooooote!

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on February 11, 2014, 02:32:50 AM
Just 10 between us and fifth, in that short time since the last post!

Voooooooooote!

It was 11 when I started being annoying on the Facebook pages!

VOTE!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

It's still 11.  Looks like we've gained a few and they've gained a few.  Must ... beat ... Aetolia.

Abandoned Realms in the #7 spot is slowly catching up to us.

Let's lengthen our lead!! 

VOTE!

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Guys, they've overtaken us.  By two votes.  :'(

14 votes will move us from 7th place to 5th place.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I voted! 5 away from 6th!

I just shamed myself on Facebook by posting on all three Arm pages (AGAIN).

Two had rhymes. Yep, that's me. Now go like the post and make all those slackers NOT voting feel guilty!

I'm really annoyed with the fact that we are only about forty votes away from falling to 8th on TMS. How the hell is that happening? What happened to our commitment? Please, fucking vote.

I have voted

I vote daily. More than once a day.

Y'all are lazy.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Discworld is catching us on TMS!

Don't get lazy just 'cause it's the end of the month!

Not for nothing, but we're going to lose 7th if we do not vote.